Oasis refurb?

13 minutes ago, twangster said:

I think it's being done as part of the repo to Europe.  

I heard they plan to retrofit the air bubbling system into the hull to reduce fuel consumption.  Beyond that RCI is tight lipped as they always are about these things.

So I can see that they are doing the TA to Barcelona in April 2019 but there's not TA coming back?  Which brings me to the question of when this refurb is suppose to happen?  In Europe, before coming back to the US?  Earliest sailing back in Miami is November 10, 2019.

10 minutes ago, Sabrinaklai said:

So I can see that they are doing the TA to Barcelona in April 2019 but there's not TA coming back?  Which brings me to the question of when this refurb is suppose to happen?  In Europe, before coming back to the US?  Earliest sailing back in Miami is November 10, 2019.

No dry dock on this side of the Atlantic can hold her in her entirety.  My assumption is the dry dock will occur right after arriving in Spain so they can promote her in Europe as being "all new", but that's speculation on my part.

27 minutes ago, Sabrinaklai said:

And I also wonder if it's smarter to book it before they announce the revitalization plans because then prices might jump?  Any thoughts?  Did Mariner's prices jump considerably after plans were announced?  I have not been tracking that one.

I'm not sure.  Every sailing there are thousands of new cruisers who don't follow these things like we do.  There may be a small bump but rates probably re-adjust back to normal levels when the rush to the website settles down.  Never hurts to snag a refundable booking though.

7 minutes ago, twangster said:

I'm not sure.  Every sailing there are thousands of new cruisers who don't follow these things like we do.  There may be a small bump but rates probably re-adjust back to normal levels when the rush to the website settles down.  Never hurts to snag a refundable booking though.

Thought about that, but there's no "refundable deposits" on suites right?

1 hour ago, Matt said:

The only info I am aware of is that the refurb will occur in Spring/Summer 2019 and then oasis will spend the summer on Europe.  Beyond that, no details have been announced.

Thanks Matt. I did see that in the main RC Blog page.

Funny thing is that when you look at the bookings it goes straight from the April TA to sailings out of Barcelona in May and then September 15 is the last sailing in Europe. October is blocked out and then sailings out of Miami mid-November. That makes me think that dry dock is happening mid-September through October 2019. 

Do you know a while back if RC made claims that they would be adding slides to Oasis and Allure at their next dry dock in 2019 and 2020 respectively?

Found about as much information as there is at this point:

Oasis of the Seas will also “undergo a bow-to-stern transformation” before homeporting at Royal Caribbean’s custom-built Terminal A at Port Miami for autumn and winter 2019/20 seasons.

https://www.ttgmedia.com/news/news/royal-caribbean-adds-european-destinations-for-201920-12261

During the Halloween sailing it was mentioned that Wonderland would be put in. Funny thing is the onboard deck plans show it already (since the first dry dock). Some of the pictures I've seen the melting globe is being used for dessert at Chefs Table.

The September-October time frame sounds right. Only time with no sailings before it comes back to the US.

Another personal theory is a Portofino to Jamie's swap.

I hope they keep Sabor still, maybe they will make that side of the boardwalk a small Sabor, the bar is in the centre of the boardwalk which leaves more room inside the venue. and a smaller playmakers and juggle the port side of the boardwalk around ..... hmmmmm

I can imagine watching sport with some Guac and chips mmmmmmmmmm

17 hours ago, twangster said:

Found about as much information as there is at this point:

Oasis of the Seas will also “undergo a bow-to-stern transformation” before homeporting at Royal Caribbean’s custom-built Terminal A at Port Miami for autumn and winter 2019/20 seasons.

https://www.ttgmedia.com/news/news/royal-caribbean-adds-european-destinations-for-201920-12261

Okay, I'm having trouble keeping up on the "Oasis Shuffle" --- if Oasis is going to Miami, which one will be at Canaveral for the 19/20 Season?

7 hours ago, J_Keeble said:

I hope they keep Sabor still, maybe they will make that side of the boardwalk a small Sabor, the bar is in the centre of the boardwalk which leaves more room inside the venue. and a smaller playmakers and juggle the port side of the boardwalk around ..... hmmmmm

I can imagine watching sport with some Guac and chips mmmmmmmmmm

Playmakers could have Mexican food offerings as appetizers along with their gourmet burger menu.  Interesting to see if they will have a la carte pricing or cover charge.  With limited seating, cover charge will be a more profitable option. Can't have tables taken with only guac and chips being ordered.    

9 minutes ago, jurrjurr said:

Interesting to see if they will have a la carte pricing or cover charge.  With limited seating, cover charge will be a more profitable option. Can't have tables taken with only guac and chips being ordered. 

I think they want the drinkers though. Alcohol alone would be profitable I am not sure a cover charge would be the best move in my opinion.

46 minutes ago, LetsTryThisTech said:

I think they want the drinkers though. Alcohol alone would be profitable I am not sure a cover charge would be the best move in my opinion.

There are no other casual dining options on the ship that has a bar that easily accessible.  It will be interesting to see the buying behaviour data behind the patrons of Sabor.  Are they mostly passengers who already have the alcohol beverage package and RCCL is trying to squeeze a few more $$ out of those passengers?

• 5 months later...
4 hours ago, Jeff L said:

Any idea what kind of transformation Oasis of the seas will be getting. I am sailing on it October 28 for 7 days to Eastern Carribean.

No info has been released yet. We just know it will occur after the summer season of 2019 before Oasis returns to North America.