Coco Cay Island

gwood0101

Hey everyone, I am going on my first cruise for my bachelor party with my buddies. I have read comments on you tube videos and thunk I saw somewhere on here but wanted to ask if you can use your beverage package on the Island since it is owned by RC? Thanks in advance. Sorry if this is a NEWB question. I'm a first timer here haha.

Guest toodle68
4 minutes ago, gwood0101 said:

Hey everyone, I am going on my first cruise for my bachelor party with my buddies. I have read comments on you tube videos and thunk I saw somewhere on here but wanted to ask if you can use your beverage package on the Island since it is owned by RC? Thanks in advance. Sorry if this is a NEWB question. I'm a first timer here haha.

Yep, you sure can..

6 minutes ago, gwood0101 said:

If anyone has any tips for me that would be greatly appreciated. I have done some reading but still have a lot to learn. We set sail at the end of April on the Enchantment of the Seas.

I love Enchantment. We did a B2B last June. The food and entertainment was very good.

Welcome! 

There are tons of tips to be had on the site, I'm not sure where'd even start :-)  

You'll find a ton of drink package info here: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/category/category/drink-packages

This is where you can fund all the articles specifically about Enchantment: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/category/category/enchantment-seas

That'll get you started.  Reach out with any questions at all.

8 hours ago, gwood0101 said:

Welcome!  Great question, it kind of gets overlooked I think, so I'm glad you brought it up.

My wife and I loved Enchantment, she got us hooked.  We convinced some friends, and my sister, to join us back on Enchantment less than a year later.  Great time!  Just relax and have a blast.

One tip I didn't know our first time around is you can order as many entrees as you want in the Main Dining Room (MDR).  This is great if you just love eating, or if you just want to try some different/new dishes.  With a group of guys you could share and try everything!  Same for appetizers and desserts.  I heard a guy had 17 lobster tails one night.

Not making any judgements on your group of guys but we ran into something we had never heard of and thought we would post as a general tip.  We had lunch with a couple a couple of days into our cruise and wife seemed a little upset.  Apparantly hubby had to much to drink in first port stop to the point he had to be assisted in boarding.  Since he was in such tough shape a sticker was placed on his sea pass that he could not drink on board for 24 hours.  Since they both had the drink package and were in the same room wife was also stickered.  So she not only embarrassed but was mad because here card was also flagged.   We had never heard of this but something to consider if you decide to let the good times roll.

44 minutes ago, Razerbkfan said:

Not making any judgements on your group of guys but we ran into something we had never heard of and thought we would post as a general tip.  We had lunch with a couple a couple of days into our cruise and wife seemed a little upset.  Apparantly hubby had to much to drink in first port stop to the point he had to be assisted in boarding.  Since he was in such tough shape a sticker was placed on his sea pass that he could not drink on board for 24 hours.  Since they both had the drink package and were in the same room wife was also stickered.  So she not only embarrassed but was mad because here card was also flagged.   We had never heard of this but something to consider if you decide to let the good times roll.

Oh wow that is crazy he got so drunk. I think we are planning to have a few drinks during port but also go and do some snorkeling and other activities before we start taking in any alcohol. Thanks for the heads up. I definitely want to get my moneys worth but in no means want to get cut off for 24 hours haha.

My experience with the private islands, since onset of the drink packages, is that the bars will be packed and terribly understaffed.   Absolutely ruined Labadee for me the last time.  Also, no roving bar staff on the beaches anymore.  Only ones I saw were selling coconut filled drinks for an additional charge above the drink package. 

My advise would be to take care of your bartender early with a nice tip so that he remembers you and your drink of choice. Otherwise, you will be several  people deep in multiple, chaotic lines.   

3 minutes ago, Hutcherl said:

My advise would be to take care of your bartender early with a nice tip so that he remembers you and your drink of choice. Otherwise, you will be several  people deep in multiple, chaotic lines.   

This is good advice - it helps to have bartenders who know your face, name, and drink order! Not only for reasons stated, but chatting with the bar staff is pretty enjoyable. Big shout out to the bar crews at the Pub and Schooner on board the Allure! They were fantastic while we were on board for two weeks. 

Coco Cay doesn't have a dock (they're building one that's due to open in June, I think) so you need to use small tender boats to get to the island. If the weather and/or seas aren't good, you may not be able to get to Coco Cay. We missed out on our Jet Ski excursions because of that (the money was refunded however.)