No harm in asking... Maybe someone here has been a VIP sometime.  I'm just a slug scratching at diamond. One more cruise and I'll get there.  But enjoy the cruise and everything Oasis has to offer, been on her twice.... She is a big girl and I get lost...

When I sailed Indy in December I heard the family next to me talking while waiting in the terminal.  The lady said to her husband "We have to remember to thank Grandma for getting us upgraded to Diamond". 

Diamond level is normally only earned by sailing and having stayed on board ships for 80 nights.  There is no other published method to achieve Diamond available to the general public.  Clearly there is another manner in which employees or executives can grant Diamond status.

Perhaps this is what your friend has done.  You'll have to come back and let us know after your cruise..  

Generally this is a flag in the reservations system to make sure someone gets extra attention.  The Hotel Manager will likely send a gift or two (sparkling wine, snacks, etc) and you'll probably get a call from him/her or a representative thereof.  Others will see the annotation as well, such as the dinging room staff, guest services, etc - anyone who accesses your reservation.

1 minute ago, monorailmedic said:

Generally this is a flag in the reservations system to make sure someone gets extra attention.  The Hotel Manager will likely send a gift or two (sparkling wine, snacks, etc) and you'll probably get a call from him/her or a representative thereof.  Others will see the annotation as well, such as the dinging room staff, guest services, etc - anyone who accesses your reservation.

That's what I was thinking - similar annotation I'd imagine to a 'honeymoon' or 'birthday' flag, I'd guess?

1 minute ago, KLAconQueso said:

That's what I was thinking - similar annotation I'd imagine to a 'honeymoon' or 'birthday' flag, I'd guess?

Yup same exact idea.  I'd say the primary difference being that a crew-member or officer reading this flag knows that it was put there by someone in management at corporate.

Yes I'm not expecting much. I do think this guy is in line to be the next president (according to him) My sister in Law used to be the Marketing VP but I am just giving in to the wishes of a slightly spoiled 5 year old.  I usually opt for land or island  based adventures. Thanks for the replies. There are certainly some very experienced and even obsessive RCCL bloggers on this site. 

On one cruise I had a VIP sticker.  I had met someone at a media event, who informed a friend of his that I was sailing on their ship soon.  

Long story short, I was only aware of two distinct benefits: free PPV movies in my stateroom and I think I got some goodies (food) delivered to the room.

• 1 year later...
On 2/5/2018 at 1:37 PM, Dannyor40 said:

Hello All,

I am headed out on Oasis this Sunday and a friend who is an executive at RCCL upgraded me to VIP status. As far as I know this just means I get a gift basket with some Champagne and other stuff but do I get anything else.  I would rather ask here than my friend because I'm trying to act cool. Thanks

I know this is a bit older, but curious what if any benefits your received?