San Juan Trolley & Hills

pinchme

This will be our first RCL cruise, Oasis June 2018, 11 family members in our group with ages ranging from 9 to 78 years old. One of our party has reduced stamina.  She can walk for about 10 minutes and then gets tired.  We will be using a transport wheelchair (4 small wheels) on the ship to help reduce her overall walking. I'm not sure if we will bring the wheelchair off at San Juan due to the cobblestones.

Regarding the free trolley in Old San Juan, does anyone know if they would allow us to bring the folded wheelchair onboard?

My understanding is that the city is on a hill.  I'm thinking maybe we could plan a walking/trolley tour that would have us walking down hill instead of up hill.  Any suggestions?

Thank you.

14 hours ago, pinchme said:

Regarding the free trolley in Old San Juan, does anyone know if they would allow us to bring the folded wheelchair onboard?

I don't see why not.

14 hours ago, pinchme said:

My understanding is that the city is on a hill.  I'm thinking maybe we could plan a walking/trolley tour that would have us walking down hill instead of up hill.  Any suggestions?

Correct.  Ideally, you take the trolly to the forts, which are at the top of the hill and start working your way down hill.  At worst, you would be moving laterally (left to right, right to left) but never going back up hill.

Of course, you could just go all the way down hill, and then take the trolly back up hill again and hit the other side of town.