Really Stupid question-Luggage tags

Not silly at all, Here is a link that explains it: http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/eDocs/12028078_Guest_Documents_Printable_Luggage_Tags.pdf

If you would like to order luggage tag holders AMAZON has a great selection and they are not very expensive at all. I bought these andy work perfectly: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E4SQNLS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Have an awesome trip!!!

2 minutes ago, Boston Babe said:

@twangster thank you! MY TA has not been the best to say the least so appreciate this! do I get anything else from TA or just nothing? Print everything out?

Unless your TA has thrown in specific items like a specialty dinner or something you shouldn't need anything from the TA.  To check in at the terminal you need the SetSail pass.  You don't need to print the whole 'edoc' package after checking in online.  SetSail passes vary by ship.  As Royal implements new check in changes this year it may change again.  They are trying to make the check in process go even faster so you spend less time in the terminal and more time on your vacation.  

In truth you can just show up to the terminal and be checked in but it's better to have the SetSail pass and luggage tags printed ahead of time.  The porters at the terminal can make up a luggage tag on the spot but it's better to print them in color and to have them attached to your bags already when you pull up to the terminal.  

4 hours ago, twangster said:

he porters at the terminal can make up a luggage tag on the spot but it's better to print them in color and to have them attached to your bags already when you pull up to the terminal.  

Again thank you Twangster, your information is always so valuable. Are you sure you won't adopt me though??:7_sweat_smile:

5 hours ago, whenismynextcruise said:

Not silly at all, Here is a link that explains it: http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/eDocs/12028078_Guest_Documents_Printable_Luggage_Tags.pdf

If you would like to order luggage tag holders AMAZON has a great selection and they are not very expensive at all. I bought these andy work perfectly: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E4SQNLS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Have an awesome trip!!!

Those luggage tag holders from Amazon and worth EVERY PENNY! I love mine!

7 hours ago, Boston Babe said:

THANK YOU!! and I ordered those tags from Amazon in September! LOL Not too anxious to get cruising again am I! LOL

@Boston Babe -just a quick piece of unsolicited advice: If you are flying to get to your cruise, put the luggage tags in your carry on and then attach them at baggage claim when you arrive. That way they cannot interfere with the airline tags. I do have the same ones--they ARE great and they attach very easily and quickly.

13 hours ago, Skid said:

@Boston Babe -just a quick piece of unsolicited advice: If you are flying to get to your cruise, put the luggage tags in your carry on and then attach them at baggage claim when you arrive. That way they cannot interfere with the airline tags. I do have the same ones--they ARE great and they attach very easily and quickly.

Thanks @Skid!  This year not flying leaving from Baltimore and Cape Liberty, but January we are. I thought of that as it can get confusing. Thanks so much!

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my luggage tags yesterday via email, at the 46 day mark. Part of an overall e-brochure with cruise contract, port information, embarkation time window (I was told "12:30-4:30", to which I say "yeah, right!"), and a fair bit of promotional fluff. All printed out and in our tag holders, ready to be clipped to our bags in 45 days!

On 2/4/2018 at 3:41 PM, twangster said:

Agreed.  Should have bought them a long time ago.  Worth every penny.  Cruisin' like a pro...

Ah! To buy luggage tag holders or not. We used a roll of transparent duct tape this past cruise. It worked great. By "worked great", I mean the luggage made it to our cabin without any problems! We just stuck the tape and the scissors in the car before we got on the shuttle, and we were off and running...

On 2/6/2018 at 2:59 AM, Beyond Vertical said:

I paid fedex office to print my luggage tags on a high quality glossy thick paper. Cot less than $2 for 4 copies. The even got wet and had no smearing or discoloration. 

That's a fabulous idea! I just realized we have a laminater in the office, too. I hope no one else from  my office is on this board....

6 minutes ago, UkuleleCruiser said:

Ah! To buy luggage tag holders or not. We used a roll of transparent duct tape this past cruise. It worked great. By "worked great", I mean the luggage made it to our cabin without any problems! We just stuck the tape and the scissors in the car before we got on the shuttle, and we were off and running...

I used packaging tape for years.  Packed it in my suitcase and used it at the hotel the night before.  Best $7 I spent was buying the luggage tag holders.  So much easier.  

Just now, twangster said:

I used packaging tape for years.  Packed it in my suitcase and used it at the hotel the night before.  Best $7 I spent was buying the luggage tag holders.  So much easier.  

Since I do everything you suggest, I will go buy the luggage tag holders. I do sometimes learn from others. I don't always have to pee on the electric fence for myself! :-)

21 hours ago, JLMoran said:

These are the ones I bought, based on earlier recommendations here: Cruise Luggage Tag Holder Zip Seal & Steel - Royal Caribbean & Celebrity Cruise (8 Luggage Tag Holders)

Bit wider than the folded RCI tag, can probably accommodate the ones from some other cruise  lines.

These are the same ones that I have also.  Reusable year after year.

4 minutes ago, Pooch said:

According to a link up thread. Grand Suite & above can request tags be mailed for free?   Is this true? And will those fit in the cute tag holders I just ordered from Amazon??

Yes ,they should, remembering from the old days when they always mailed them out, they came with a wax paper type back on the ends and you peeled them off and stuck the ends together, so they should just be able to fold them in half and use your Amazon holders.

12 minutes ago, Pooch said:

According to a link up thread. Grand Suite & above can request tags be mailed for free?   Is this true? And will those fit in the cute tag holders I just ordered from Amazon??

Nobody gets luggage tags for free anymore.  Not even Star Class.  :(

If you want pre-printed, self-adhesive luggage tags mailed to you, you must purchase the entire cruise docs package.  The last time I did it, it was $35.  Don't know if that's still the price but the truth is, those luggage tags are not worth $35, IMO.

1 minute ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Nobody gets luggage tags for free anymore.  Not even Star Class.  :(

If you want pre-printed, self-adhesive luggage tags mailed to you, you must purchase the entire cruise docs package.  The last time I did it, it was $35.  Don't know if that's still the price but the truth is, those luggage tags are not worth $35, IMO.

Agreed, I would just print, fold and insert in the luggage holders you have already bought, I bought the ones from Amazon 5 years ago and have had no issues with them, I did buy some additional of the little clear band that wrap around the luggage handles so if one broke I would have extras.

I also have purchased the luggage tags from Amazon.  I just wanted to mention that if anyone goes to purchase the tags, be sure you get the ones with the metal grommet and the metal wire that will have to have the ends screwed together.    There are others that have no metal grommet and they attach to to the suitcase with plastic.  

The latter may be cheaper, but they rip off very easily.  I have used the ones I have for several cruises and they are still like new.