Playmakers

I know that I jumped over to freedom for a repeat because it was so much cheaper than the oasis trip.   I think I'd like to try oasis class once for the dining if nothing else, but I think I'd have to get an ocean balcony because I'd miss the ocean feel.   Playmakers sounds like a fun spend a couple hours... if it's successful I wonder if they'd start eliminating Johnny rockets on the ships... I'm not sure Howe long their contract goes but I'm seeing increased complaints about the quality and the value with the increased prices.   Jane

5 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

I know that I jumped over to freedom for a repeat because it was so much cheaper than the oasis trip.   I think I'd like to try oasis class once for the dining if nothing else, but I think I'd have to get an ocean balcony because I'd miss the ocean feel.   Playmakers sounds like a fun spend a couple hours... if it's successful I wonder if they'd start eliminating Johnny rockets on the ships... I'm not sure Howe long their contract goes but I'm seeing increased complaints about the quality and the value with the increased prices.   Jane

well it would seem playmakers will be selling burgers, I guess there will be a small upcharge. but in my opinion if they are selling burgers then surely that ill take revenue away from Johnny rockets.

It may take a little away, but burgers at  sports bar vs. burgers at JR's seems to appeal to mostly a different crowd and atmosphere imho.  I think these ships are probably big enough to handle 2 places that sell burgers for 5000 people?

Has the price increase for JR's been rolled out fleet wide now for sure? $9.95?

I am curious as well to see what if anything is complimentary and playmakers....if everything in there is an upcharge, I wont be spending much time or any money in there no matter how much I enjoy sports.

As a self-proclaimed beer snob, I'm just excited to see Royal including more venues that have a decent beer selection.  This place looks like it'd be my goto bar if I'm ever on the Symphony.  I'm on the Anthem coming up this October and I'm quite saddened by the removal of Michael's Genuine Pub.  I'd never been on the Anthem, and was really looking forward to that place!  Here's hoping they keep up with offering a decent beer selection once the change in venue happens.

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

From a pizza snob to a beer snob, I agree!

It's funny - I live in  NJ which is pretty much the pizza capital of the US (there are literally 10 local pizza joints within 5 miles of my house), yet I actually don't mind Sorrentos! I know.... let the stoning commence haha.

On 2/4/2018 at 6:41 PM, Sabrinaklai said:

Looks like it might be taking the space of the "kids play area" also.

It looks like it has the climbing pods like Harmony of the seas outside Johnny Rockets. They were very popular with all the kids including mine. I did notice no Starbucks as playmakers overtook the space. Wonder where it is?

1 hour ago, tonyfsu21 said:

It looks like it has the climbing pods like Harmony of the seas outside Johnny Rockets. They were very popular with all the kids including mine. I did notice no Starbucks as playmakers overtook the space. Wonder where it is?

Starbucks is back on the Promenade outside of Boleros (deckplan has it as "Coffee Shop")