KIds club, hours and activities

Dannyor40

I am traveling with just my 5 year old daughter and myself on Oasis leaving 2-11 from Port Canaveral. My question concerning the kids club is it seems like only indoor activities. Is this true? My daughter will want to be outside with me but of course she will want to find some young friends as well. I am trying to find a balance between the two. Any tips, advice, suggestions?

The AO is indoors for security reasons. There are family activities that are typically listed in the cruise compass...could be family movies or scavenger hunts, etc.  We haven't done these as I remember them being odd times. Sea days the AO is open from 9-12, 2-5 pm and 7-10 pm (8 on first night). After 10 pm, you can pay an hourly rate to leave them until 2 am.  Port days 9-5 and 7-10.

My youngest is now 6 and she been in AO since 3.  She would go after dinner every night until 10.  The daytime activities tend to be small group crafts and the evening will be more group games.  We'd read the kids compass and she would decide if she wanted to go to the daytime activity....(pirate day is a must for her).  Ideally, we'd play at the pool in the morning, eat lunch, she'd go to kids club for an hour or 2, go back to the pool (put a dry bathing suit on under clothes to make it easy), then get ready for dinner, eat dinner and go back to kids club.  Of course if weather is too chilly for pool, she may spend more time in AO or we'll try to find a game to play, etc.  My kids come with us on shore excursions so typically don't do port day activities.  She loves the kids club and would be there more if I didn't force family time too!

You should receive a schedule of the week's activities in your cabin on the first night. If not, ask at AO for a copy.

During sea days, the programming runs from 9-12, 2-5, and 7-10 with extra charger hours from 10 p.m. and later. Some nights the kids will have the opportunity to dine with the AO staff and other kids at 6 p.m. where they will take them up to the Windjammer for dinner. You usually need to sign up for this a few hours before. Occasionally, they will have activities around the ship, but it really depends on the ship. On the Oasis class, I don't recall any outdoor activities; however, on some of the smaller ships they did have some activities on the sports deck.