Giving a Cruise as a Gift

My husband and I didn't find out where we were going on our honeymoon until we got to the airport.  It might be fun to tell him you're taking him on vacation, but making him wait until you're at the airport before telling him where he's going. It's like 2 surprises in 1. 

We were told: we needed passports, it was going to be warm, we needed to pack watershoes, that we were flying delta, and what time to be at the airport (not even what time our flight was so I couldn't check flights and cheat) 

Are you going with them or just getting it for them. If going with them you can come up with a "small trip" to port location and then "going to look at the ship" and sneak luggage in the car and go. Or another one is to attach the ticket to a model of the ship (just a little one they would sell at a gift store) and then tell them that's the ship they will be on.

1 minute ago, LetsTryThisTech said:

Are you going with them or just getting it for them. If going with them you can come up with a "small trip" to port location and then "going to look at the ship" and sneak luggage in the car and go. Or another one is to attach the ticket to a model of the ship (just a little one they would sell at a gift store) and then tell them that's the ship they will be on.

We're going as a family (my dad, myself and 2 brothers), i like the visit to the port idea, wouldn't work in our case since the departure port is Athens, and we live in Toronto :4_joy: I do like the model ship idea, something to wrap and we'll be able to see the moment he gets what it is

2 minutes ago, marymcpherson said:

We're going as a family (my dad, myself and 2 brothers), i like the visit to the port idea, wouldn't work in our case since the departure port is Athens, and we live in Toronto :4_joy:

Well you could leave out the cruise part still :10_wink: might also be able to surprise him twice :15_yum: 

I've done it three times.

The first time, I sent my folks on their first cruise for the 30th anniversary... It was on the Carnival Triumph out of NYC ( Don't hate me- it was cheap. I was younger and on a budget). We gave them separate gift bags containing motion sickness pills and I want to say sun screen. In the next bag was a folder with a picture of the ship leaving the NYC harbour with the Mahattan sky line in the background and all of their travel docs.

We've since sent brought both sets of folks with us on the Radiance with us in Alaska in 2013 and the Harmony last year. Last year was much less ceremonious... " Hey- can you guys look after the grand daughter? "  "Of course, when? " " Night 6 we want to go to Chops.. oh, ps, you're coming with us"

28 minutes ago, constable145 said:

We've since sent brought both sets of folks with us on the Radiance with us in Alaska in 2013 and the Harmony last year. Last year was much less ceremonious... " Hey- can you guys look after the grand daughter? "  "Of course, when? " " Night 6 we want to go to Chops.. oh, ps, you're coming with us"

Lol!  That sounded like us.  Except when we got on board my parents pulled a disappearing act for most days.  Didn't respond to texts.  Claimed it was delayed timing! :8_laughing: