BAYLEY ???????

Has anyone noticed that Bayley is no longer ceo of Royal anyone know why? Maybe its because of all the nickel and diming and business is starting to be affected by dissatisfied customers Johnny Rockets paying for theater shows drink pkgs selling refreshment packages being sold on the independence and they have no soda machines and the bar dispensers were broke pouring 3 kinds of soda out of 2 liter soda bottles but most bars quickly ran out making you run all over the ship looking for a drink and the warm fresh orange juice was terrible I love royal for years but it seems to me when he took over all this stuff started happening it will be interesting to see if things turn around now that he is gone oh and going to 9.95 at Johnny Rockets is ridiculous just saying

Michael Bayley is the CEO of Royal Caribbean International, a cruise line.

Richard Fain is the CEO of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd, a company which fully owns three cruise lines: Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, and Azamara Club Cruises. They also hold a 50% stake in TUI Cruises and 49% stakes in Pullmantur Cruises and CDF Croisières de France.

I'm guessing this is the source of the confusion, but if not, it may help understand the structure anyway.

17 hours ago, monorailmedic said:

Richard Fain is the CEO of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd, a company which fully owns three cruise lines: Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, and Azamara Club Cruises. They also hold a 50% stake in TUI Cruises and 49% stakes in Pullmantur Cruises and CDF Croisières de France.

I'm guessing this is the source of the confusion, but if not, it may help understand the structure anyway.

I knew about the investment in Pullmantur, had no idea about TUI --- although that would help to explain the shift of Legend and Splendour to TUI and Sovereign/Monarch and the Empress debacle in regards to Pullmantur.

38 minutes ago, coneyraven said:

I knew about the investment in Pullmantur, had no idea about TUI --- although that would help to explain the shift of Legend and Splendour to TUI and Sovereign/Monarch and the Empress debacle in regards to Pullmantur.

It also explains why RCCL invests money into scrubbers and millions in other upgrades before transferring ships to TUI/Pullmantur.

No doubt there are also agreements about where they can operate so they don't compete in the same markets or for the same target audience.  

Just now, twangster said:

It also explains why RCCL invests money into scrubbers and millions in other upgrades before transferring ships to TUI/Pullmantur.

No doubt there are also agreements about where they can operate so they don't compete in the same markets or for the same target audience.  

Very good point .... Makes perfect sense to me ...... It also explains how they were able to pull Empress back so easily.

8 hours ago, twangster said:

As an avid TUI cruiser and now looking forward to my first Royal cruise the target audience thingy is debatable :4_joy: Just kidding, TUI Cruises is more or less restricted to the German speaking market as it's the official language on board - and let's face it, nobody wants to bother with German if it isn't your mothertongue anyway. Pullmantur is just the same, only for the Spanish market. Both lines don't have many international guests. Btw, CDF has ceased operations in 2017, if I remember correctly most ships have been transferred to Pullmantur as TUI Cruises is busy building their own ships (the 5th will arrive in 2018).

8 hours ago, twangster said:

As far as scrubbers they know it increases the value of the ships, but *many* environmental enhancements to cruise ships are a combination of marketing (not to say they're not effective - just consumers demanding enhancements) and requirements by different ports.  More and more ports say you can run diesel engines while berthed - gotta use shore power or in some cases turbines (one of the reasons several Princess ships started w/ GE turbines) - others have this as well.  

As far as brand overlap, while they don't want to step on each other it's less complicated than that - the separate brands exist in order to cater to different markets.  If one wanted to steer toward the other's market they'd be recreating parts of the brand which already exists and is related.

7 minutes ago, Neaxan said:

As an avid TUI cruiser and now looking forward to my first Royal cruise the target audience thingy is debatable :4_joy: Just kidding, TUI Cruises is more or less restricted to the German speaking market as it's the official language on board - and let's face it, nobody wants to bother with German if it isn't your mothertongue anyway. Pullmantur is just the same, only for the Spanish market. Both lines don't have many international guests. Btw, CDF has ceased operations in 2017, if I remember correctly most ships have been transferred to Pullmantur as TUI Cruises is busy building their own ships (the 5th will arrive in 2018).

I'd very much like to try TUI and AIDA.  They've got interesting products.  

On 1/28/2018 at 4:05 PM, monorailmedic said:

Richard Fain is the CEO of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd

Bingo.  It can be confusing, especially when the phrase "Royal Caribbean" is thrown around in articles.

Michael Bayley is the CEO of Royal Caribbean International and manages the cruise line this site is dedicated to.

Richard Fain is the Chairmand and CEO of RCI's parent company, Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd, which oversees not only RCI, but the other brands in the umbrella.