9 Nt Southern Caribbean on Navigator OTS

Looking to book this sailing for April 2019.  It sails out of Miami, FL.  We have been wanting to visit the Southern Caribbean islands for sometime now but the cost of airfare to San Juan has been prohibitive.  We have never sailed on Navigator OTS.  What are your thoughts for the ship and itinerary?   Thanks in advance! 

2 minutes ago, jurrjurr said:

Looking to book this sailing for April 2019.  It sails out of Miami, FL.  We have been wanting to visit the Southern Caribbean islands for sometime now but the cost of airfare to San Juan has been prohibitive.  We have never sailed on Navigator OTS.  What are your thoughts for the ship and itinerary?   Thanks in advance! 

I love the S. Caribbean!  I find that it is more lush than the E/W Caribbean.  Would go back in a heartbeat but like you I don't want to fly to San Juan so we have not made the trip back.  Haven't been on Navigator specifically but have been on a Voyager class ship.  They're a good size, lots of activities.  I think she just had a refurb a few years back too.

17 minutes ago, jurrjurr said:

We did this exact cruise last year on the NOTS. We would certainly do it again!

I will send you a PM on the least cost ways to get to San Juan other than out of Pearson.

26 minutes ago, Boston Babe said:

I worked for Divi Resorts for 8 years always in Aruba, in fact, I literally just booked 8 night from Ft. Lauderdale on CC Silhouette for Nov 2019  !! Want to "go home again!"

Great minds @Sweety

Yes! I went to school in Boston. I bet our paths have crossed. Yes, I want to go back. I had so much fun. I always worked the morning shift.

Jurrjurr, you couldn’t be more right about the airfare to PR. I’m doing southern carib out of San Juan in 4weeks. I don’t know that I would’ve booked it had I known the airfare would be almost $1300 for 2    And that doesn’t even include baggage fees which of course we havent paid yet. Ridiculous. 

This past Christmas we had Adventure booked with a very good deal on an Owner's Suite.  When I started pricing airfare to SJ I cancelled the cruise.  We have flown to SJ 4 times and it was never that high !  The southern Caribbean is wonderful and I love those islands...but I'm not going to pay the price they want for airfare to SJ.  It's outrageous.  You would think that they want tourists there and would lower the prices just to get people back down there (after the hurricanes) but it doesn't seem to have happened like that.

22 hours ago, jurrjurr said:

The February 2017 RCB group cruise sailed a nine-night Southern Caribbean itinerary on Navigator from Miami to Labadee and the ABC islands. Matt kept a terrific live blog of his family's journey, you can start reading it here: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2017/02/14/navigator-of-the-seas-2017-live-blog-cruise-preview :) 

23 hours ago, accio7 said:

The February 2017 RCB group cruise sailed a nine-night Southern Caribbean itinerary on Navigator from Miami to Labadee and the ABC islands. Matt kept a terrific live blog of his family's journey, you can start reading it here: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2017/02/14/navigator-of-the-seas-2017-live-blog-cruise-preview :) 

Thanks for sharing this link.  I like to think that live blog should provide a good overview of what to expect.

In short, it's a wonderful cruise on a fabulous ship.

My wife and I just completed a 9 night cruise on Navigator to Labadee and the ABC islands (the cruise was in CBA order, though! Lol!). It was our first time on Voyager class, after being on Vision, Radiance and Freedom classes and it was the perfect size for us, not too big and plenty of venues to enjoy or just do nothing.

The ship and crew were fantastic! Everyone seemed to enjoy their job and went out of their way to make sure we enjoyed our vacation. The food ranged from very good to excellent in the MDR (we did MTD most nights) and the service was top notch.

Curacao and Aruba are beautiful and fun to visit, Bonaire seemed geared more to beaches and snorkeling, which is fine if you’re into that but I have to be careful with the sun so I had to pass on that.

Loved the ship. Loved the crew. Would recommend to anyone looking for a great getaway!

GO EAGLES!!

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I love Curacao.  It's my favorite Caribbean island.  It has so much charm !  I like it better than Aruba

I second this!  Curacao is my favorite Caribbean island also, and I have only been there once.  I plan to return at some point.  I have cruised on Navigator 3 times and it is a great ship!  We have cruised the Southern Caribbean several times, and it was always from South Florida ports.  You can't go wrong with the Navigator to the Southern Caribbean from Miami!

3 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

love Curacao.  It's my favorite Caribbean island.  It has so much charm !  I like it better than Aruba

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Yes! I really loved Curacao and wish I had spent more time there

+1, been to both island twice (Aruba, Curacao), going back in October on Freedom out of San Juan though.

• 2 weeks later...

We are cruising on NOS 12/7/18 out of Miami to Labadee and the ABC's. Cannot wait. Hubby has been to all 3 on scuba diving trips but I have never been there. Any must do's? Scuba is out because hubby had a heart attack in '06 and we really are not "lay on the beach" people.

On January 29, 2018 at 8:16 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

This past Christmas we had Adventure booked with a very good deal on an Owner's Suite.  When I started pricing airfare to SJ I cancelled the cruise.  We have flown to SJ 4 times and it was never that high !  The southern Caribbean is wonderful and I love those islands...but I'm not going to pay the price they want for airfare to SJ.  It's outrageous.  

I found those deals on the suites and posted them. I booked one as well, but ran into the same situation as you. The flights from both Austin and Dfw to Sju where in the $700 and up range. What I ended up doing was rebooking in December, but only when I could immediately book a decent priced flight. 

Eric Reeves