September cruise???

Kezolly

So looking at going on a cruise in September eastern Caribbean. Just wondering is this a good time to cruise? I was just a bit worried about the weather after the way it was last year but wondered if it would affect us or maybe September may be ok? Any advise would be gladly received thanks in advance 

It depends on you and why you are booking a cruise.  

I've booked in September a few years in a row.  Yes it is prime hurricane season but they won't have their ships anywhere near one if it happens.  If you can tolerate last minute changes and possibly completely different ports then you can reap the savings booking off peak. 

If you go you will be safe and over the last 10 years most September cruises have executed normally.  However if a storm occurs can you roll with the changes and be fine or will it be utterly disappointing?  I'm fine being on a ship no matter where it goes.

PS - it's cheaper because it's not in peak vacation season, not because of risks from storms.  Since most kids are back in school it doesn't tend to have a lot of kids which itself is escaping a whole different kind of hurricane.

5 hours ago, twangster said:

Since most kids are back in school it doesn't tend to have a lot of kids which itself is escaping a whole different kind of hurricane.

Lots of truth in these words! Lol. If given the opportunity, I would take the risk and cruise in September.  It's worth the trade off of not having kids all over the place. ?

I've seen a lot of really great deals for September and October.  I'm guessing that last fall's horrific weather is partially (primarily ??) the cause.  That time of the year there's a risk.  No doubt about it...but there can also be some great deals.  It all comes down to the level of risk you are willing to endure.

I've cruised numerous times in September and would do it again.  

The reality is, there's risk throughout the year of bad weather.  We had barely any sun and lots of waves on my recent Brilliance of the Seas cruise in January.  My point is, hurricane season isn't the only time of year when bad weather can strike and more importantly, there are no guarantees anytime of year will have great weather.  

That being said, if you have your heart set on a particular island and if you miss that stop it would be the worst thing possible, sure, consider cruising another time of year just to eliminate hurricane itinerary changes.