%30 off deal

C_Pepper

Discounts on the cruise fare are independent of any discounts on drink packages or excursions.  

Here's an overview of drink package discounting: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2017/01/17/how-get-get-discount-royal-caribbean-drink-package

You can always buy the drink package today and then cancel and rebook if the price drops.

Another option, which is what I'm doing, is to get the non-alcoholic package and pay the alcohol fee (was told typically $5-$7 extra for them so a little discounted) for the drinks you want. (if getting more mixed drinks then beer) I do love my beer but will save that for a local beer at my stops. This way if only one person is getting it your not spending a fortune. This works better for my wife and I as she doesn't drink much and tries not to have too much sugar. I can pay the little extra when I want and enjoy a nice cool mocktail when I want lol.

2 hours ago, J. Woody said:

Refreshment pkg. is now $18.  But still drink pkg. $45.  I am waiting $43.  I don’t drink much but for convenience

to get this one.

Those are decent prices. Not awesome but decent. I would get it at that price and watch it and re-price if it goes lower. It might jump instead and then you'll regret waiting for it to drop.

5 hours ago, LetsTryThisTech said:

Another option, which is what I'm doing, is to get the non-alcoholic package and pay the alcohol fee (was told typically $5-$7 extra for them so a little discounted) for the drinks you want. (if getting more mixed drinks then beer) I do love my beer but will save that for a local beer at my stops. This way if only one person is getting it your not spending a fortune. This works better for my wife and I as she doesn't drink much and tries not to have too much sugar. I can pay the little extra when I want and enjoy a nice cool mocktail when I want lol.

Is it really an option to just pay the upcharge for the alcohol on Anthem if you have the refreshment package? I just figured you would pay full price for alcoholic drinks. 

If its at $45 and you want it at $43..dont bother waiting. It probably wont go lower to be honest. And to miss out for $2/day makes no sense if its something you want or are interested in. With the option to cancel or rebook if you change your mind..its a lot better than getting on the ship and paying $55 or $65!

12 hours ago, Lauren said:

Is it really an option to just pay the upcharge for the alcohol on Anthem if you have the refreshment package? I just figured you would pay full price for alcoholic drinks. 

Not sure of every ship but I think so. RCL has confirmed (but we all know how phone confirmation is) and normally a $5-$7 up fee for alcohol but it might depend on the drink. I'm not sure something like a rum and coke would apply since the soda is not really any extra. I have not done this yet but will be doing it on my March cruise since it would work out MUCH cheaper for me.

I pulled the trigger and got the Ultimate for me at $42 a day, refreshment package for my older teen, and classic package for my tween.    yeah $42 a day, and I saw the drink prices here on the blog, I'll be good, and it's not much more, like $1 up-charge for some of the "fancier" drinks.   But my go to drink will be covered within the Deluxe package.  

Wow this cruise is getting real. 

1 minute ago, Sabrinaklai said:

Before you know it you'll be looking to book the next one ?

When we did Disney, Make-A-Wish paid for the first one, but while I was on-board, having a great time, I signed us up for our second one.   I purposely didn't choose Disney this time, and have consistently heard RC is great and think my teens will like it more than Disney.

5 minutes ago, C_Pepper said:

When we did Disney, Make-A-Wish paid for the first one, but while I was on-board, having a great time, I signed us up for our second one.   I purposely didn't choose Disney this time, and have consistently heard RC is great and think my teens will like it more than Disney.

My daughter, who is turning 12 in a few months, was bored on Disney in December.  But there are many Disney lovers out there who will tell you otherwise....

My younger brother was an Exe VP at ABC TV for several years, and during that time my kids were young and we got to do Disney literally free, and often.   We are sort of tired of the scene.   The Cruises were NOT free it's the one arm of their business the ABC corp discounts don't apply, but we've spent a lot of time at both D-Land and D-World.   I LOVE their customer service across the franchise.   My kids would be bored too.  They are teens, I've been divorced 4 years now, so it's really the three of us wanting to hang out together, I'll be alone so I'm not going to put them in the kids clubs unless they ask to, then it's all good.  My two typically make "vacation friends" so I'll likely end up hanging out alone.....which trust me is NOT a bad thing. 

On 1/24/2018 at 10:20 AM, LetsTryThisTech said:

Not sure of every ship but I think so. RCL has confirmed (but we all know how phone confirmation is) and normally a $5-$7 up fee for alcohol but it might depend on the drink. I'm not sure something like a rum and coke would apply since the soda is not really any extra. I have not done this yet but will be doing it on my March cruise since it would work out MUCH cheaper for me.

@twangster do you know if this is true on Anthem if you buy the refreshment package? 

On 1/24/2018 at 10:20 AM, LetsTryThisTech said:

1 hour ago, Lauren said:

@twangster do you know if this is true on Anthem if you buy the refreshment package? 

Let me make sure I understand the question.

Someone buys the Refreshment Beverage Package but during the cruise wishes to have an alcoholic drink, say a rum and coke.  Since alcohol is not included with the Refreshment package, the question is do you pay an up charge at a discounted rate or do you pay normal on board prices for that rum & coke? 

Assuming I understand the question correctly, if you have the Refreshment package you pay normal on board prices for any drink not included in the Refreshment package.  

The price for that rum & coke on board is the same if you have no package at all or if you have the Refreshment package. 

1 minute ago, twangster said:

Someone buys the Refreshment Beverage Package but during the cruise wishes to have an alcoholic drink, say a rum and coke.  Since alcohol is not included with the Refreshment package, the question is do you pay an up charge at a discounted rate or do you pay normal on board prices for that rum & coke? 

Assuming I understand the question correctly, if you have the Refreshment package you pay normal on board prices for any drink not included in the Refreshment package.  

The price for that rum & coke on board is the same if you have no package at all or if you have the Refreshment package. 

I haven't been on a cruise yet, but I bet they would consider a Coke, and Rum and Coke two different drinks.  I get the strategy the poster is going for but my take is it won't work.  I'm pretty cynical though :)

3 minutes ago, twangster said:

From what I was told (not sure if rum and coke applies since normally your paying the same for the rum and coke as just the rum) but say a fancy drink like a mudslide. If you get a virgin and then pay for the alcohol they charge only for the alcohol.

13 minutes ago, LetsTryThisTech said:

From what I was told (not sure if rum and coke applies since normally your paying the same for the rum and coke as just the rum) but say a fancy drink like a mudslide. If you get a virgin and then pay for the alcohol they charge only for the alcohol.

It's not something I've tried.  I just asked on board Anthem, so please do come back and let us know how you made out.

1 minute ago, twangster said:

It's not something I've tried.  I just asked on board Anthem, so please do come back and let us know how you made out.

Will do and I'm sure extra tipping might make things easier lol. If you find a good bartender who doesn't have an issue putting you're paid shot in the blender with the free virgin drink better keep them coming to you ;). I have always been a believer that if someone helped me save a little or have to go out of the way they deserve some extra and sometimes I even give what I saved back to them (well depending on how much I actually saved lol.) Living in a tourist destination you learn a lot. 

3 minutes ago, LetsTryThisTech said:

Will do and I'm sure extra tipping might make things easier lol. If you find a good bartender who doesn't have an issue putting you're paid shot in the blender with the free virgin drink better keep them coming to you ;). I have always been a believer that if someone helped me save a little or have to go out of the way they deserve some extra and sometimes I even give what I saved back to them (well depending on how much I actually saved lol.) Living in a tourist destination you learn a lot. 

Absolutely.  I carry a lot of singles with me.  It helps.