Jamaica Travel Advisory: Is Bamboo Beach Club affected?

UkuleleCruiser

If it's an excursion you booked directly with Royal and not a third-party, I'd imagine that Royal is keeping an eye on the situation just like they do bad weather or other things that pose potential risk to the passengers. They already demonstrated a willingness to cancel excursions and even entire port stops with their decision to stop going to Turkey while the civil unrest is still going on. So if the situation around Montego Bay spreads to include (or even get whatever they consider "too close" to) Bamboo Beach Club, they'll most likely scrub it and send you an email with a refund notice.

32 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

If it's an excursion you booked directly with Royal and not a third-party, I'd imagine that Royal is keeping an eye on the situation just like they do bad weather or other things that pose potential risk to the passengers. They already demonstrated a willingness to cancel excursions and even entire port stops with their decision to stop going to Turkey while the civil unrest is still going on. So if the situation around Montego Bay spreads to include (or even get whatever they consider "too close" to) Bamboo Beach Club, they'll most likely scrub it and send you an email with a refund notice.

That's good to know. Yes, we did book through RC. We've had that happen before on cruises just because weather prevented a particular stop. Always found a use for the credit! I will let it go, and let RC decide. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/24/2018 at 10:34 AM, Boston Babe said:

Now that everyone has "chimed" in, I for one would not even get off the ship. Not so much total fear, but it's not worth the hassle having to deal with the locals who are so pushy they follow you everywhere! (and I lived there way back and it was like that then!)

We didn't have that experience. Now, granted, we didn't go out and explore on our own: The "shopping" was done in a protected "ship village" kind of area. But we were driven out for the the rum tasting, and had a chance to at least see the town from the bus. Lots of run-down tin roofs and expensive tourist resorts.

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 12:34 PM, Boston Babe said:

Now that everyone has "chimed" in, I for one would not even get off the ship. Not so much total fear, but it's not worth the hassle having to deal with the locals who are so pushy they follow you everywhere! (and I lived there way back and it was like that then!)

Most pushy place I have experienced for a cruise port. Now that being said, it was great within the wall of the tourist area. I loved the resturtant/bar there(cant remember the name) with the pool and drinks and food.....one of my fave stops for close to port.

We ventured outside the walls just for the fun and the experience....yup, it was pretty hectic and crazy. People say Nassau is bad...I beg to differ...Jamaica was hands down the worst for me and anyone in my group that I was with.