Gym Unlimited Class Pass

Hi Everyone,

Been lurking the forum for a while for my next RCCL cruise on Freedom in March. This will be my 2nd cruise on RCCL and my wife's first. She had a terrible time on NCL so I'm hoping this one will get her hooked.

So to my question, I noted on cruise planner an unlimited class pass for the gym for $29 but there is absolutely no info on this. I'm hoping one of you have happened to use it before and could let me know more info on it. Thanks in advance.

It's on my Cruise Planner - $39.00 for 4 days or less. (Harmony 7/7) There's weirdly no picture and the text cuts off. "Sign up for unlimited fitness class access including Yoga, Pilates and Indoor". That's all.

From what I've seen there is a $12 charge for classes so I guess only if you're going to take enough classes to save you money it's worth it. The rest of the gym use is free.

I see it now on Symphony

spa-class-x3.jpg

The description on previous page says "Sign up for any 3 fitness classes including Yoga, Pilates and Indoor Cycling"

8 minutes ago, ellcee said:

There's weirdly no picture and the text cuts off.

This happens when RC adds a new option.  Often the info gets loaded before image assets.

2 hours ago, cruisinstyle said:

I am on a 7 day and it is titled "Unlimited Class Pass (4 days or less)", what does that mean? For four days on the ship we can go to unlimited classes?

I'm not certain, but my assumption is that the pass covers up to 4 individual class sessions.

Thanks everyone for your input.

3 hours ago, cruisinstyle said:

I am on a 7 day and it is titled "Unlimited Class Pass (4 days or less)", what does that mean? For four days on the ship we can go to unlimited classes?

Ya, I'm on an 8-Day cruise and this was there, so confusing. My wife is interested but not sure if it's even worth it.

15 hours ago, LetsTryThisTech said:

My wife is interested but not sure if it's even worth it.

If your wife was going to go to that many classes anyway, and if she was going to purchase the more expensive classes, then it can absolutely save money.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

If your wife was going to go to that many classes anyway, and if she was going to purchase the more expensive classes, then it can absolutely save money.

I don't disagree, but I don't want to put money to it until I fully understand the fine print. Called RCL yesterday about it and was on the phone for 30mins and no one could tell me anything about it.

1 hour ago, cruisinstyle said:

I don't disagree, but I don't want to put money to it until I fully understand the fine print. Called RCL yesterday about it and was on the phone for 30mins and no one could tell me anything about it.

Ya, it's not that she won't use the classes, it's more like how many and what is covered and what isn't. Plan to call myself too maybe they had time to think about it lol. From what twanster, the classes she is interested are probably the cheaper ones anyway. So might just have to wait till on board and either see if they offer it onboard with an explanation or just get the ones she actually wants.

8 hours ago, JLMoran said:

I tried booking this just now, as it's also showing for my cruise, but when I added to my cart it was rejected as not a valid selection. I guess it's part of the whole thing around the image being missing and Royal's general IT suckiness. :33_unamused:

On 1/22/2018 at 6:26 PM, LetsTryThisTech said:

Thanks everyone for your input.

Ya, I'm on an 8-Day cruise and this was there, so confusing. My wife is interested but not sure if it's even worth it.

I posted a picture in the comments on the blog post yesterday.  You have to book the option that matches the number of nights for your sailing, otherwise it will reject it.  Right now, it seems that all three options are showing up on all sailings.  

2018-01-22 (3).png

On 1/24/2018 at 10:33 AM, LetsTryThisTech said:

So my wife decided it probably isn't worth it. Shes most likely only going to do a couple classes, probably on sea days, and use the other gym facilities the rest of the time. 

I think it's definitely not worth it on shorter sailings.  I am considering it for our 12 night in October; we have 6 sea days.  I can do 6 yoga classes if offered.  LOL 

On 1/23/2018 at 8:07 PM, KathyC said:

You have to book the option that matches the number of nights for your sailing, otherwise it will reject it.

Nope, tried that and still no dice. Will try again when we get closer to sailing date and the IT department has gotten fresh hamsters running the server wheels.

• 1 year later...
On 1/29/2018 at 7:38 AM, LetsTryThisPlace said:

Ya, you would think they wouldn't make something "live" until its ready. Doesn't seem very professional to me. 

Truly, it boggles the mind.

an update for anyone who cares: the website is just as broken over a year later. The offerings for fitness class packages no longer overlap with the matching type of cruise; on a 8+ day cruise you are allowed to book the 4 or less option, the 5-7 is present but unusable, and the 8+ option is absent. Booking the only one I can and crossing my fingers...