Cancelling drink package after boarding?

Wilson

We are debating whether or not to get the drink package for the Alaska group cruise which is currently $42 per day through cruise planner. We turn D+ after completing our Feb cruise and it's my understanding we get 30% off the deluxe package, but it must be purchased onboard. Not sure what the onboard price is going to be and C&A said I could NOT purchase with D+ discount in advance. If we purchase now and the onboard D+ price is lower, can we cancel the cruise planner purchase and get a full refund? 

Great question, Wilson.

While this is the first discussion I've seen about cancelling for that reason (which totally makes sense), I've heard many folks talk about cancelling the package once on the ship.  I've even heard of people doing this after they've had a few drinks (they simply bill for the drinks a la carte retroactively).  As such, I'm eager to hear others' experience, but don't suspect this would be an issue/bad plan at all.

I asked C&A about this a few weeks ago and they recommend canceling on board and repurchasing using D+ discount.   Suggest you email them and have it in email form from them in case of issues. In my case it's in reference to sharing a cabin with a gold member.  

My thread here:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/5336-diamond-plus-drink-package-sharing-cabin-with-a-gold/