Freestyle Drink Dispenser Menus

twangster

From time to time I see people asking about what drinks are included in the Coca-Cola Freestyle drink dispensers. 

@Matt has written blogs on the Freestyle machines.  Here is one from 2015:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2015/07/20/coca-cola-freestyle-machines-royal-caribbean

While I am on Anthem I have some free time so I grabbed some pictures of all the Freestyle drink menus.  

Let's start with the main menu:

From here you can see the types of drinks available in each category.  First are two pages for the "All Drinks" category:

Here are the types of drinks available within each option:

And of course plain water:

The same drinks are sorted by "Low/No Calories" options:

The same drinks sorted by "Caffeine Free" options:

Finally the same drinks are sorted by flavor:

Here are the Cherry drinks:

Orange drinks:

Raspberry drinks:

Grape drinks:

Lemon drinks:

Peach drinks:

Strawberry drinks:

Lime drinks:

Fruit Punch drinks:

Vanilla drinks:

Cherry Vanilla drinks:

Mixed Berry drinks:

For those that are asking what is a Freestyle drink dispenser?  

Certain Royal Caribbean ships have these Freestyle drink dispensers.  See the blog above for a list of ships that have them.

Freestyle dispensers work only with special cups provided with beverage packages.  The souvenir cups have a chip embedded in the base that is read by the machine when you place the cup into the machine.  There are various designs that are provided.

When a cup is first used it is registered in the system and an expiry date is assigned.  The expiry date is usually a few days longer than your cruise.

The machines also function as ice dispensers.

Lastly, these menus were captured in January 2018.   It's possible that menus will vary over time and by ship.   

Thanks a bunch, @twangster! Seems like that took more than just "a little spare time", so it's really appreciated! :6_smile:

If the menu is reasonably similar on Freedom of the Seas, my wife will be thrilled to have the Seagram's ginger ale option, and she and our older daughter will love having Vitamin Water offerings.

My younger daughter, being the independent spirit that she is, is probably going to go to town with the Dr. Pepper flavors. :4_joy:

• 1 month later...

There are two Freestyle machines on the Jewel of the Seas. They are located on the starboard side of the Windjammer, all the way aft. Rare was the time they both worked but we always got our refills (as long as the Windjammer was open). :44_frowning2: 

Come to think of it, the two soft ice cream machines were on the port side of the Windjammer and only one worked the entire cruise as well. The ice cream line was usually long but it moved quickly.

Ships with the Freestyle machines make the "soda" package worth so much more! PowerAde is great to have on hot days and flavored water just adds some interest to keeping hydrated.

After experiencing the Freestyle ships, the package was disappointing when not available.

Shout out to the Poweraid options for helping me recover from the effects of the drink package! 

Also a big fan of the sparkling water varieties - I drink La Croix like crazy at home so it's fun having that option on the ship. 

Fun observation - the number of people I saw on my last cruise on Adventure trying to use paper or coffee cups at the freestyle machines and either getting confused/angry when they didn't work was almost comical. 

I loved my first cruise (on Liberty),but if there was one single change I could make it would be these machines!!  I would have been so unbelievably happy if they had A) Self Serve and B) PowerAde Zero Fruit Punch!  I have stage 3 Kidney disease and drink constantly (when not on cruise).  It would be so much easier if I could just stop some place a refill without trying to flag down a bartender.  And PowerAde Zero?  Yes Please!!!

On 1/29/2018 at 2:00 PM, monctonguy said:

I wonder if Marnier of the Seas when she undergoes her upgrades will get this. As she will be now based out of North America year round I certainly hope so. I have missed these machines on the past few cruises I have been on to say the least.

what date are you sailing in October. We are on 10/22 cruise

On 3/9/2018 at 10:56 AM, KLAconQueso said:

Shout out to the Poweraid options for helping me recover from the effects of the drink package! 

Also a big fan of the sparkling water varieties - I drink La Croix like crazy at home so it's fun having that option on the ship. 

Fun observation - the number of people I saw on my last cruise on Adventure trying to use paper or coffee cups at the freestyle machines and either getting confused/angry when they didn't work was almost comical. 

same thing happens at Disney.. lol

14 hours ago, catinthehat300 said:

what date are you sailing in October. We are on 10/22 cruise

5 hours ago, monctonguy said:

Same as you.....!!!

Really hoping they have the machines for it...they haven't on my past few cruises.

I'm on the cruise before you both but I am considering a B2B either before or after.  Right now I'm flying there just to see Mariner but may jump over to Harmony after.   

EDIT - I'm going in September. 

On 1/21/2018 at 12:59 PM, twangster said:

When a cup is first used it is registered in the system and an expiry date is assigned.  The expiry date is usually a few days longer than your cruise.

Hold up . . .

So if I get a drink package, and I don't use my cup, it never activates?  What happens if I bring that cup on a future trip?  Will it activate then and work for the whole cruise sans-package? (not that it matters, I'm pretty much always going to get the drink package, so I guess we'll just amass an ever increasing number of RC soda tumblers.)

45 minutes ago, Orange Crush said:

Hold up . . .

So if I get a drink package, and I don't use my cup, it never activates?  What happens if I bring that cup on a future trip?  Will it activate then and work for the whole cruise sans-package? (not that it matters, I'm pretty much always going to get the drink package, so I guess we'll just amass an ever increasing number of RC soda tumblers.)

That is my experience so far.  To get these photos I brought a cup with me from a prior cruise that I had never used.  I rarely use them - I'm not a soda drinker and when I buy the deluxe package I just order drinks at a bar and take what ever glass the bartender puts them in. 

My theory is that they deal with hundreds of these cups on each sailing.  At any given moment there are thousands of cups across the fleet being loaded onto various ships each weekend. There is no easy way for them to track each individual RFID serial number and associate it to an exact ship and sail date - that would be too much overhead and if one box went to the wrong ship or not used for a few weeks they'd have dozens of cups not working and upset customers as a result.  So the machines are likely coded to accept a large number of possible serial numbers and only when one is registered and used in a machine does it record that serial number as used.

14 hours ago, Orange Crush said:

Hold up . . .

thats what we have done with Disney Cups. Every time we go we get new ones... have a few sets now...lol

• 2 weeks later...

I've used freestyle machines but never with an RFID cup - can you blend flavours or does it just dispense a full cup of one flavour?

I find the fruit flavours are sometimes too overpowering so I tend to do half a cup of flavoured and then top up with the plain version.

37 minutes ago, Mswisher said:

I've used freestyle machines but never with an RFID cup - can you blend flavours or does it just dispense a full cup of one flavour?

I find the fruit flavours are sometimes too overpowering so I tend to do half a cup of flavoured and then top up with the plain version.

You can mix. There's a button you push and when you release it, it stops dispensing.