Savory bites

mworkman

On 20/01/2018 at 6:35 PM, mworkman said:

Well I tried them for the first time this last cruise and the wife and I don't care for them.  Honestly we didn't see where the savory was in them. Sorry to be a buzz kill on them ?

You don't need to worry about them. They've been discontinued. 

At least that's what we were told last summer. 

14 minutes ago, Matt said:

They were still alive and well on Indy (until I ate them). 

More info on Savory Bites if you don't know what they are: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2013/12/12/royal-caribbean-classic-savory-bites

Thanks for that pic Matt!  I was trying to figure out what on Earth that was lol.  And yes, after seeing the pic, they had them in CK on Harmony in August 2017.  But not every night.

4 hours ago, Matt said:

More info on Savory Bites if you don't know what they are: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2013/12/12/royal-caribbean-classic-savory-bites

I'm glad the recipe was included in that link. Only problem I have is, I don't have that many friends around here to invite over for dinner to serve them to. :51_scream:

5 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I had heard that they were no longer available too but then on our last cruise (Allure) they said they could get them if you asked for them.  No idea why they would be discontinued.

Now that you mention it, I remember hearing that when Quantum debuted.  

Regardless, they definitely still exist.

14 hours ago, Matt said:

Gone on Adventure this past November.  When you arrive to the table there is a small assortment of bread waiting for you.  

Sad, in a way...I understand why, but it's one more cost-cutting measure that is quite obvious to anyone that's taken a cruise in at the last year or longer.  

• 2 years later...

When I was on Allure in Jan 2019 I asked for them.  The head waiter came over and asked how was it that I a new RCCL passenger knew of such things? He played like it was a big secret and then they made them only for me as a special request. Good humor fun and games. The entire staff was amazing and fun.