Cruise planner reservations for Star Class

JRammes

We are staying in a 2 bedroom Aqua Theatre suite in July which is in the Star Class which, as I understand it, comes with complimentary dining at the specialty restaurants. It looks like we can start making reservations in the cruise planner but it looks like we have to pay to make the reservations etc.  I think our Genie can make them as well but that we will not coordinate with he/she until much closer to the cruise.  How does this work for Star Class?  I want to insure we have reservation times but not sure we should be paying for them.  Clearly we are rookies!

Definitely do NOT pay for any reservations up front.  The Genie can get your any reservations that you want.  The possible exception would be a very popular excursion but they have leverage, even there.  I would never pay for anything up front with Star Class.  There is no need to put your money out and then have to get it refunded.

10 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Definitely do NOT pay for any reservations up front.  The Genie can get your any reservations that you want.  The possible exception would be a very popular excursion but they have leverage, even there.  I would never pay for anything up front with Star Class.  There is no need to put your money out and then have to get it refunded.

@WAAAYTOOO off topic a bit but do you know if there are priority lines for Star class for activities such as flowrider, ifly, bumper cars, skating, etc.?

I can only speak for Harmony as that's the only ship I've been on as a Star Class guest.

There is a priority line for flow rider at certain times of the day.  I don't think it's ALL the time but I could be wrong about that.  I do not know about ice skating but I would be very surprised if you could not get priority for ice skating.  This is the kind of thing that the Genies are best at and from what I've seen on other ships, the ice skating free skate is VERY popular.  I assume, but do NOT know for sure, that Star Class guests would receive priority for ifly, bumper cars and North Star.

I can only be sure about the things I've seen for myself and that only includes the flow rider.  The others are speculation.

Coming from my Anthem experience... Bumper cars and FlowRider, yes. Not sure what the process for roller skating was. Don't recall North Star.

On iFly, reservations needed. Genie did make them it part of our agenda. Plus pre cruise I made an iFly reservation. The self made was still registered. Good thing on the precruise reservation, about mid cruise iFly was down the rest of the cruise. Would have never had a chance if I hadn't booked precruise.

7 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

Coming from my Anthem experience... Bumper cars and FlowRider, yes. Not sure what the process for roller skating was. Don't recall North Star.

On iFly, reservations needed. Genie did make them it part of our agenda. Plus pre cruise I made an iFly reservation. The self made was still registered. Good thing on the precruise reservation, about mid cruise iFly was down the rest of the cruise. Would have never had a chance if I hadn't booked precruise.

With Star class, can you do ifly more than once (free of charge)?  Or is it the same that anything beyond once is an additional fee?

34 minutes ago, Sabrinaklai said:

With Star class, can you do ifly more than once (free of charge)?  Or is it the same that anything beyond once is an additional fee?

All depends on demand.

Booked once via the cruise planned and the Genie booked as well. He was suprised that the cruise planner reservation wasn't cancled. Had iFly been working I would have been able to do it a second time.

27 minutes ago, Sabrinaklai said:

I am doing my research....

Will say... Michael's Pub was very additive doing Star Class. This I had something there just about everyday. Had planned on doing the entire menu over the length of the cruise. However, the dang burger of the day threw me off track.