C&A Status

mworkman

2 hours ago, mworkman said:

Since ya’all know that I like to flaunt my status.....I’ve decided to show you all my cards I’ve acquired over the years of cruising with RCI...are you ready to feast your eyes on all these cards?   

Here they are!

DF518DAE-9A60-4566-BE3E-499B96A04D8B.jpeg

See, I keep telling people that a gold member's card is gold.

I've also told people that platinum members get a platinum card...

PlatPlat.jpg

It took about 6 days before we received credit for our cruise to show up. Now were Platinum members ? 

I printed out our luggage tags for our next cruise and it still says gold, but who cares...just as long as our luggage  shows up at our room ?.  Our boarding pass has platinum on it. The mystery of Royal Caribbean website will never be known, as too how it works or doesn't on many occasions ?

50 minutes ago, mworkman said:

It took about 6 days before we received credit for our cruise to show up. Now were Platinum members ? 

I printed out our luggage tags for our next cruise and it still says gold, but who cares...just as long as our luggars shows up at our room ?.  Our boarding pass has platinum on it. The mystery of Royal Caribbean website will never be known, as too how it works or doesn't on many occasions ?

Congrats on Platinum! I know what you mean about their website...they really need to figure out and fix the problems once and for all!

14 hours ago, mworkman said:

I printed out our luggage tags for our next cruise and it still says gold, but who cares...just as long as our luggars shows up at our room ?.  Our boarding pass has platinum on it. The mystery of Royal Caribbean website will never be known, as too how it works or doesn't on many occasions ?

The ultimate in black box technology ... Royal's website ... nobody dares change anything because nobody know how it works too start with :)

3 hours ago, jticarruthers said:

The ultimate in black box technology ... Royal's website ... nobody dares change anything because nobody know how it works too start with :)

I think their mistake was when they decided to swap out the highly reliable Syrian hamsters for the more finicky Roborovski variety. The wheels just haven't spun the same since!

17 hours ago, mworkman said:

I printed out our luggage tags for our next cruise and it still says gold, but who cares...just as long as our luggage  shows up at our room ?.  Our boarding pass has platinum on it. The mystery of Royal Caribbean website will never be known, as too how it works or doesn't on many occasions ?

Luggage tag status is purely random in my experience.  I booked a cruise as an Emerald on board a ship at the NextCruise desk.  My luggage tags for that cruise would eventually say gold.  I made Diamond in the beginning of December.  My luggage tags for the cruise I am on said Emerald.  

On board Anthem right no and I can't access my luggage tags - the website won't resolve but if I VPN home then I can access my luggage tags for an upcoming cruise.  

Welcome to Royal IT.

• 5 weeks later...

I was curious as to whether I still kept my Sea Pass card and other goodies from my first cruise in 2008 on Sovereign of the Seas...and I did! 

Enjoy this blast from the past! 

SeaPass card

4FBDA96F-405D-42CA-B69B-FB9F5A56EC3E.thumb.jpeg.b16e52631aa0b2fb2b356db26aaf1af7.jpeg

Guest vacation document book complete with leftover luggage tags lol:

CC6CEBC5-9855-4BE5-89F8-3EACB604D1AD.thumb.jpeg.49abcac32bca9e3366b71552661be6aa.jpeg

D61408CA-C9F8-4DE1-9673-3401D4DDBA5B.thumb.jpeg.e22aea95bd2a61112a8e191db574ce90.jpeg

1CF1D7EE-D989-4209-B21E-520E86D735E9.thumb.jpeg.1cba167db122abb5906c6e997ec1ccd8.jpeg

More goodies: 

8A6A9689-3342-4968-96B2-A1013C81623B.thumb.jpeg.03633529cb51b6a768ec9cca9023a71f.jpeg0E538B7F-DEA9-4E44-B220-E58DF5014EB2.thumb.jpeg.d22c5a5d98db1c4d6b8fd6181785e1e1.jpegCBAC1347-746C-497F-9C95-A6F0C50335FE.thumb.jpeg.b0dea7bd75e74a10c3e9db07f83b39b4.jpeg

Cruise Compasses:

42C2C3AB-8821-48C8-A06D-89C92C0345FD.thumb.jpeg.f5348d3036c9072fbd0592e86460ffc5.jpegAA066BFB-8060-4CB9-B96D-3A302216C49A.thumb.jpeg.0ef69489e6417b99a3994d5dd70953b1.jpeg5C8FF4C6-62D7-4B36-9095-A86B691A0359.thumb.jpeg.772e7e21f5d438b93af6a1d000deeeab.jpeg

I miss Sovereign so much, I hope Pullmantur is taking good care of her!

On 1/25/2018 at 3:01 PM, Geema said:

We are gold but we do not have a gold sea pass card...it is silver.

Geema, I was confused about this for a little while also, you only get a gold Seapass card if you are in a suite, when you hit gold status the card will still be silver (For a regular room) but say gold across the bottom, I think that if you were to ever get a "Star" class room that the card is Purple or lavender.

21 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

Geema, I was confused about this for a little while also, you only get a gold Seapass card if you are in a suite, when you hit gold status the card will still be silver (For a regular room) but say gold across the bottom, I think that if you were to ever get a "Star" class room that the card is Purple or lavender.

To add to that, I think it's gold seapass card in a suite that is non-Oasis or Quantum class.  If you are sailing Oasis or Quantum class then they have their Sea, Sky, Star colours right?  The dark purple for Star, the burgundy/purple for Sky, and I have no clue what the Sea colour is but will find out in 10 days!

1 hour ago, monctonguy said:

@accio7.....that's awesome...love seeing stuff like that!

Aw, thank you!

Unfortunately I did not take a ton of photos of the ship and around the ship, majority of them were taken with people I met onboard LOL. This will all change when I do my live blog on Adventure much later this year :)

I have been very fortunate when it comes to C & A status.  A few years ago, after a 2013 cruise on the Allure, I was shown as being just a couple points shy of Diamond status.  We booked a 2015 cruise on the Jewel and opted for a suite with my daughter and her friend booked in the same cabin as us.  After that cruise I was well clear of Diamond status.  

Next we book a four night on the Brilliance, get our Diamond balcony discount and enjoy the Diamond lounge.  Then in 2017 we take a 8 nighter on the Freedom and again get our discount and Diamond benefits.  A few weeks after returning home I go to check our point totals to see if they have been updated and they had indeed.  I now stood as a Diamond member with a mere 86 points, not the 104 I was expecting.  

So now I start doing the math.  First thing I had to figure out was how many points I should have had for my sailings prior to them changing the point structure (back when you got 1 point per cruise). I knew there was a formula involved which took some googling to find.  Bottom line is that when I figured it all out I did indeed have 86 points.  So I managed to get two cruises as a Diamond member prior to technically being one.  Thank you RC mystery math.

So I figure I have to reason to complain that we never received our Diamond pins.  The bummer is I thought I was so much closer to D+, lol.