Alaska Post Tour Question

whitsmom

We have 3 days post tour through RCI:

1. Seward, Anchorage, Alyeska, & Telkeetna,

2. Telkeetna and Denali

3. Denali, Talkeetna, & Anchorage

4. Anchorage then Fly Home.

My question what stops do we do at all these places and how long are we there?  What type of overnight accommodations to we get?  As far as food goes, what options/places can we get to?  I know we are on our own as far as food goes, but I'm not sure about just what/where that we can choose from.

Guest toodle68

We have a pre tour and I have tried to find out the same information and have come up blank so far. I even asked if they could send me what they sent out to people from 2017 but nothing.  It must be out there somewhere. They can’t expect people to just turn up and wing it. 

Guest toodle68

@CGTLH  Thank you for sharing.  Quick question, do you think overall it was worth the cost?  I am second guessing our pre-cruise and wondering he we just arrive in Anchorage and rent a car for 5-6 days. Considering food is not included and there are still excursions to add to that price, I am pretty sure I can plan a pretty awesome trip for half the price.   Thoughts?

Don't recall what the difference was. One of the biggest factors was getting double points on the land portion due to staying in a suite on the cruise part.

Worth it, I think so. Would love to do it again. Could you DYI it, sure. My land tour was for the most part taking the train from Fairbanks to Anchorage with a few covered tours/stops. Biggest helpful factor was all the lodging was planned. Bus would pull up, guide would get the room keys and pass them out. Suitcase just had to be packed and ready for pickup in the morning.

Biggest negative was living out of a suitcase for almost a week.

Any questions, ask away. I'll do my best to remember.

Added: Want to say this was the company that operated the land tour http://premieralaskatours.com/ Judging by their site, doubt you be able to get any infomation from them. Will also say I wasn't successful in getting any info pre-tour. Top things off, think it was the first year Royal used this company (no complaints at all).