Double check my dining package math

Matt

Looking to book a 3-night dining package on Brilliance of the Seas and I think I found a cheaper alternative than the 3 night package, but would appreciate someone double checking my math.

There are 3 specialty restaurants on Brilliance: Chops, Giovannis Table and Izumi (yes, there's Chef's Table but I'm not counting it since it's not included in any dining package).

ssb.jpg

Three night package is $75 per person.

However...

BOGO 2 night dining package is $40 per person.  So if I did BOGO 2 night (for Chops and Izumi) and then booked Giovanni's Table individually at $24 per person for night 3 or 4, that would get me 3 restaurants for $64 per person.

Am I missing something, or did I stumble upon a good strategy?

13 minutes ago, Matt said:

Looking to book a 3-night dining package on Brilliance of the Seas and I think I found a cheaper alternative than the 3 night package, but would appreciate someone double checking my math.

There are 3 specialty restaurants on Brilliance: Chops, Giovannis Table and Izumi (yes, there's Chef's Table but I'm not counting it since it's not included in any dining package).

ssb.jpg

Three night package is $75 per person.

However...

BOGO 2 night dining package is $40 per person.  So if I did BOGO 2 night (for Chops and Izumi) and then booked Giovanni's Table individually at $24 per person for night 3 or 4, that would get me 3 restaurants for $64 per person.

Am I missing something, or did I stumble upon a good strategy?

The math looks good but then you will be like the kid who missed the first day of school (MDR) ?  Are you good with that? 

6 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

It's down to $30 now ?  Wow...it started at $50 PP, then went down to $35.  Now it's $30 ????

Think it is a BOGO only thing.

Harmony booking has BOGO as a $30 credit. While the other dining packages show a $35 credit.

Hi Matt, Looks like your math is correct, we were looking into the BOGO option as well, but the ONE downfall is that you have to use it on Days 1 AND 2. Day 2 (on our cruise, anyhow) is formal night and we don't want to waste a specialty dining night when they are serving lobster in the MDR. 

This is my 1st Royal Caribbean cruise, so i'm still trying to learn the ropes.

50 minutes ago, SeasTheDayNJ said:

Hi Matt, Looks like your math is correct, we were looking into the BOGO option as well, but the ONE downfall is that you have to use it on Days 1 AND 2. Day 2 (on our cruise, anyhow) is formal night and we don't want to waste a specialty dining night when they are serving lobster in the MDR. 

This is my 1st Royal Caribbean cruise, so i'm still trying to learn the ropes.

True, although on a 7 night cruise, lobster in MDR is available on the second formal night.

For our cruise, a 4 night cruise, going to specialty on formal night was fine with us.

On 1/22/2018 at 5:34 PM, Matt said:

True, although on a 7 night cruise, lobster in MDR is available on the second formal night.

For our cruise, a 4 night cruise, going to specialty on formal night was fine with us.

GOOD TO KNOW!! This will be my 1st RCCL cruise, so this info is great as we were just about to book dining!

Happy cruising!

1 hour ago, chris515nuke said:

I would also add that if you find yourself at a Specialty restaurant on "LOBSTER Night", my wife and I have always had success by simply asking the waiter to bring us a Lobster.

We are 2 for 2 on this one!

Congratulations on finding one of the lesser-known dining secrets !!!  On a related issue, I have had very good success in getting a dish from 1 specialty restaurant served to us in a different specialty restaurant, too.  For example, we were in 150 Central Park and I had a hankerin' for some cream of mushroom soup from Chops (this happens very often, BTW.  I LOVE the cream of mushroom soup !!!!!) and they brought it to me.  I have never asked for a huge specialty entrée in a different restaurant so I don't know if this would work (probably would not) but for something as simple as a bowl of soup, it did.  I also got the mushroom soup once when I was in the Coastal Kitchen.

RCI can have strange pricing structures for their specialty dining packages. On our 3 night Explorer cruise coming up in a couple of weeks the ultimate dining package was $10 cheaper than the 3 night dining package. No prizes for guessing which option we went for.