Price Drop!! Yeah!

@Boston Babe  - check your cruise planner also. Just got an email re our May cruise on Adventure. Prices are now the lowest I have seen since I bought on Cyber Monday (and then they went back up). Refreshment package dropped from it's regular $26/day to $18 and an excursion we were looking at dropped from $79 to $63. On Jan 10, I called and saved $201 on the cruise ($101 fare and and extra $100 OBC). That was the third drop since we booked last June.

Sooo... everyone--it does pay to check often! Happy cruising!

41 minutes ago, Skid said:

HI Skid, my drink package was at $42.00 and I booked it at $42.00 a few weeks ago. Voom dropped $2.00 per night. I really think we have to keep checking! I am so happy for you! I too have had 3 price drops since I booked in July. $526.00 saved. The sad part is I booked through an agent, and it was me who had to call her each time about the price drop!

Usually I read about re-pricing with a tinge of envy as the UK Ts & Cs don't allow a change without losing the deposit, which usually wipes out any advantage. But the other day I discovered that our B2B cruises on Grandeur next year had reduced in price by a total of £1,100 - even after taking the lost deposit into account. I couldn't believe it at first and got my TA to check just in case I had got it wrong. It was true. So happy cruising all round!

OK...just went to book some discounted stuff...but.

Labadee...Beach Lounger for Two. I read it as conflicting information...it says for "Two", but they want to charge you 'per person'.

If it's 'for two', does it make sense to have a price 'per person'? Right now it says $36 and asks how many guests. if I say two guests it wants to charge $72.

Does this make sense?

12 minutes ago, Gears said:

OK...just went to book some discounted stuff...but.

Labadee...Beach Lounger for Two. I read it as conflicting information...it says for "Two", but they want to charge you 'per person'.

If it's 'for two', does it make sense to have a price 'per person'? Right now it says $36 and asks how many guests. if I say two guests it wants to charge $72.

Does this make sense?

You only need to reserve this under one guest name.  It is confusing the way it is presented.  I reserved it under my name for my husband and myself.

3 hours ago, Skid said:

@Boston Babe  - check your cruise planner also. Just got an email re our May cruise on Adventure. Prices are now the lowest I have seen since I bought on Cyber Monday (and then they went back up). Refreshment package dropped from it's regular $26/day to $18 and an excursion we were looking at dropped from $79 to $63. On Jan 10, I called and saved $201 on the cruise ($101 fare and and extra $100 OBC). That was the third drop since we booked last June.

I booked non-refundable, so not even bothering looking at my fare, but I thought I'd check on cruise planner items and there are a few sales on my May 18 sailing.  I can't wait for Izumi to be added in, I'm dying to have lunch there one day.  The other specialty restaurants lunches are on sale, by the way.  The few excursion choices we have seem to be discounted as well.  

17 minutes ago, KathyC said:

I booked non-refundable, so not even bothering looking at my fare,

Even with non-refundable, you are still allowed to get your price adjusted if there is an actual drop in your favor. As long as you stay on the same ship and the same sailing date, there's no problem with "rebooking" a non-refundable room to the lower rate.

Just now, JLMoran said:

Even with non-refundable, you are still allowed to get your price adjusted if there is an actual drop in your favor. As long as you stay on the same ship and the same sailing date, there's no problem with "rebooking" a non-refundable room to the lower rate.

Really?  I had no idea.  I assumed since it would be considered a new booking that we'd have to forfeit the $100 per person.  I used MEI for this reservation so I'm sure Brock is keeping an eye on it for me anyway. :D 

2 hours ago, JohnUK said:

Usually I read about re-pricing with a tinge of envy as the UK Ts & Cs don't allow a change without losing the deposit, which usually wipes out any advantage. But the other day I discovered that our B2B cruises on Grandeur next year had reduced in price by a total of £1,100 - even after taking the lost deposit into account. I couldn't believe it at first and got my TA to check just in case I had got it wrong. It was true. So happy cruising all round!

I think you’re on my cruise, saw something on Roll call, May 5 to Bermuda?

1 hour ago, KathyC said:

Really?  I had no idea.  I assumed since it would be considered a new booking that we'd have to forfeit the $100 per person.  I used MEI for this reservation so I'm sure Brock is keeping an eye on it for me anyway. :D 

I've gotten readjustments many times with a NRD as long you are outside of final payment.

14 hours ago, KathyC said:

You can re-price and/or change rooms on the same sailing. You just cannot cancel or change sail dates/ships without incurring the change fee.

On ‎18‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 11:36 PM, Boston Babe said:

I think you’re on my cruise, saw something on Roll call, May 5 to Bermuda?

Sadly not. We are sailing on 24th Jan and 2nd Feb. It's a shame as I would like to meet some of the people that contribute here. I need to have a look at Roll Call and start comparing sailings.

Sailing on Oasis on Feb 25th, and last Saturday was checking pricing, found ATS and CLS both lower than I paid for my Grand Suite. It's after final payment so I called was able to move to the ATS with a savings of $572. The RCL Rep told me that I would be receiving the credit back to the card I made my payments from. I told him that I thought that once final payment is made that no refund were given. He said the driffrence woud be credited back. I was not getting my hopes up but the credit showed up in bank account on Friday. Anyone else ever seen this before.

18 minutes ago, RRoberts said:

Sailing on Oasis on Feb 25th, and last Saturday was checking pricing, found ATS and CLS both lower than I paid for my Grand Suite. It's after final payment so I called was able to move to the ATS with a savings of $572. The RCL Rep told me that I would be receiving the credit back to the card I made my payments from. I told him that I thought that once final payment is made that no refund were given. He said the driffrence woud be credited back. I was not getting my hopes up but the credit showed up in bank account on Friday. Anyone else ever seen this before.

That's great news!

1 hour ago, RRoberts said:

WOW !  What an upgrade !  I am very surprised to hear that they refunded you the savings.  That's the first time I've heard of that happening.  GREAT JOB

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, hoofbeats95 said:

I'm new and looking to book my first cruise with RC for March 2019. Their site says you have 48 hours after reservation for a price match. But reading this that doesn't seem true. What is the official policy? 

The 48 hour rule is about a no questions asked price change.

Beyond that, residents of US, Canada or Australia can re-price up until final payment date if there is a price drop.

I think the 48 hour price match thing is more a feature they advertise to all, whereas a lot of people are unaware of the nuances of re-pricing down the line.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/19/2018 at 9:18 AM, Matt said:

You can re-price and/or change rooms on the same sailing. You just cannot cancel or change sail dates/ships without incurring the change fee.

Any data points on re-pricing from a "traditional" fare to kids sail free?  I feel like what I see on a non-refundable fare for March 2017 but I usually mail a KSF in the summer and that would make  it a no-brainer.  

17 hours ago, vithibee said:

Any data points on re-pricing from a "traditional" fare to kids sail free?  I feel like what I see on a non-refundable fare for March 2017 but I usually mail a KSF in the summer and that would make  it a no-brainer.  

I booked 1D Ocean View Balcony on Symphony for December 2018 sailing in late February just before the last KSF promotion rolled out with NRD.  When I checked again on the next weekend, saw the KSF promotion and noticed a substantial price drop.  Was able to contact the TA on 1 Mar and got a huge price drop of $1070.  :1_grinning:  

• 1 year later...

If you booked through a TA, call them and have them reprice it for you, However if you booked with OBC, you may lose it due to current promotional ad overrides previous offers. If you booked through Royal Caribbean, call them for a reprice, same applies for potential loss of OBC if you had any.