Oasis-class rooms with single chairs?!

cwtom009

I just saw a post on Facebook about rooms that have a single chair and not a sofa. This is very concerning to me! This was across several Oasis class ships, in balcony ocean view staterooms. For instance 6262 on Allure and 10166 on Harmony. This has me quite worried as I've never experienced his before! I've always had a full sofa. Some people commented because it's a connecting room which I don't believe because I've had connecting rooms with full sofas. Any clarity would be great. We have rooms 10574, 10576, 10578, 10580. Any ideas?

Most of the sailings i've been on came with Sofa inside the stateroom. Be it connecting room or inside room.

Of course, this varies from ship to ship and the size of the sofa varies too. From my experience, the size of the sofa is pretty decent for 2 people.

To be sure of having more seating area, I'd suggest you to book Balcony stateroom with a higher room category. Eg. Cat D1 or D2.

Is it possible that the rooms with a single chair are handicap accessible rooms? If the connecting door is similar to that on the Allure, then that shouldn't impact that presence or absence of a couch. On Freedom class ships, you do lose the couch in favor for a chair if you have a connecting cabin, though.

3 hours ago, Sabrinaklai said:

On which ship?  Have you tried searching for a youtube video or googling those specific rooms and ships?  Sometimes pictures will come up and you can see.

We are on Harmony. I tried to google and haven't been able to find anything. Last time we stayed in a hump balcony but it was a 3-person room. Same ship. We have also sailed Allure and got a full sofa and not the dinky seat. 

I was on 11 in October so that won't really help.

74 and 76 are connecting rooms, but as stated that shouldn't matter. The only thing I read someone has already posted above, if it is an accessible room it will have the chair and not the sofa, but I didn't see either of these rooms designated as accessible.

The only thing to remember on Harmony is that this was the second or third ship where they started building the indention's into the wall and then alternating where the bed was every other room.