Canana location on CocoCay

Lauren

If I am not mistaken, when we board Anthem we can go to the excursions desk and pick a cabana for our day on Coco Cay. Any recommendations on number or location of cabana we should try to get? It will be for four adults. We will be bringing our own snorkeling gear.  Any other tips on what we should expect? How is the food off of the menu?  Should we just go to the buffet? Anything else on the island we shouldn't miss? And let's hope we can tender there, I am looking forward to this stop more than any other.

You already have the reservation for the cabana, right ?  As I recall (and I've only done this once on  Coco Cay) we already knew our cabana number/location before we ever got on the ship.  I am certain that we asked the Concierge (which is how we made the reservation) for a certain cabana and we got our second choice.  I believe we asked for #1 and got #2.

1 hour ago, JLMoran said:

Wait, does this apply to Labadee as well? I thought the cabana would just be assigned once purchased, based on when it was purchased relative to available inventory.

If your cabana is at Barefoot Beach (suites beach), the concierge will assign it.

If you have a Nellie's Beach cabana, you could go to shore excursions desk and inquire about picking one.  I usually just show up, since exact placement isn't important to me.

2 minutes ago, Lauren said:

We do have the cabana, reserved through the cruise planner, but nothing assigned, that I can see. 

I would expect that when you are contacted by your Concierge (about 1 week prior to the cruise) that you can request your specific cabana then.  I don't think we did ours online.  I think we just waited until the Concierge contacted us and then we booked it through him/her (can't remember who it was) and chose which one we wanted at that time.

I guess what I really mean to say is...if you wait until you get onboard you are going to get whatever is left over.  I would recommend that you contact your Concierge or wait until they contact you and try and get SOME kind of selection.

1 hour ago, JLMoran said:

Wait, does this apply to Labadee as well? I thought the cabana would just be assigned once purchased, based on when it was purchased relative to available inventory.

It is different on Labadee than on Coco Cay.  On Labadee there are cabanas both in the suites and regular beaches so not all of them are handled through the Suites Concierge.

I've never had a Nellie's Beach cabana so I don't know how those are assigned.

Did you get a chance to select a specific cabana ?

53 minutes ago, Matt said:

If your cabana is at Barefoot Beach (suites beach), the concierge will assign it.

If you have a Nellie's Beach cabana, you could go to shore excursions desk and inquire about picking one.  I usually just show up, since exact placement isn't important to me.

50 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

It is different on Labadee than on Coco Cay.  On Labadee there are cabanas both in the suites and regular beaches so not all of them are handled through the Suites Concierge.

I've never had a Nellie's Beach cabana so I don't know how those are assigned.

Did you get a chance to select a specific cabana ?

OK, thanks for the clarifications! I have a Nellie's Beach cabana since I didn't splurge for a suite on Freedom. So I guess I will just show up at the dock and will see what is waiting for me. I think there are only a handful of over-the-water units anyway, and I'm guessing none of them will have significantly different views or access to the water since they're all on the same beach.

And at least as of the last cruise planner sale the other week, those cabanas are still available to book. So it may be that some of them will be sitting empty when we get there. Either that, or I have to start watching for super-deep discounts while Royal tries to fill them up at the last minute! :3_grin: