Are we allow to take food to lounges and bars?

Hi everyone! I have this question in my mind but i couldn't find the answer anywhere.

I have an upcoming sailing in April 2018 on Ovation of the Seas. I have also purchased the Deluxe Beverage package for this sailing

In my past Royal Caribbean's sailings, I have seen a lot of guest taking food out from places like Windjammer, Main Dining Room etc and bring the food to the other parts of the ship and eat there.

Places like pool decks, cabin and so on.

I'd like to ask, are we allow to bring food from Windjammer, Main Dining Room etc to Lounges and Bars and eat there? (Vintages, Bionic bars and so on)

I'm asking this because as far as I know, while on land, bring outside food and consume in another restaurant is not allowed or will be frowned upon...

From my experience, bars and lounges onboard Voyager of the Seas only sell drinks and not food. I was hoping that I could have some food/snacks like some fries or cheese to go along with my beer or wine in the bar. :)

Thanks for your help guys!

Happy Cruising!

Guest toodle68

Yes you are... however, I would add that 'normal' office rules should apply.  This is just me, not the ship rules... but don't take smelly foods and try to clean up after yourself... ie, the number of tables in some of the smaller bars are limited and it can be frustrating for those who want the table afterwards to have to clean up half eaten plates of food etc.. Same for the pool deck.

Just came back from our 14 night Ovation of the Seas cruise from Singapore to Sydney on the 7th of December, 2017, and yes, some people were taking plates of food from the marketplace (Windjammer), restaurants, cafes etc to other parts of the ship, including their cabin.  It is not frowned at.  Only time you cannot do this, is when there is an epidemic of norovirus or gastro, and this happened wherein some people were quarantined to their cabins, food were served to you (Windjammer etc) and No one was allowed to take food out of the restaurants, cafes, marketplace.

3 minutes ago, Gears said:

File this under etiquette. I can tell you as an experienced cruiser, it's not pleasant having people eating in areas not designated for eating. Windjammer, etc. are staffed and equipped to handle food, dishes and clean up. Bars and other common areas are not. As @toodle68 said, the pool deck especially.

Isn't it fun to try and find a table on the pool deck only to have it filled with dirty dishes?  I also like tripping over plates and glasses.  Me and a guy I work with have a saying when we see that -- Don't worry, Ron will get it.............

8 hours ago, Chris_Wallace said:

From my experience, bars and lounges onboard Voyager of the Seas only sell drinks and not food. I was hoping that I could have some food/snacks like some fries or cheese to go along with my beer or wine in the bar. :)

Yes, absolutely.