cabin location

bkirkham

We booked a deck 12 balcony cabin on the Navigator of the Seas. And since this is only our second cruise, and first balcony, I am trying to decide if this is a good location or if I should move it to someplace else? Like a midship on deck 8 or something?

These cabins on deck 12 were added during the dry dock refurbishment in January 2014

I would love all the ideas anyone has to offer. Thanks!

The only thing to consider is whether either of you are susceptible to motion sickness.  If you are, then being on a lower deck, midship could be beneficial.  My wife is a bit susceptible, but fortunately out of 20 cruises, she's only been seasick on one and that's when we had an aft cabin.  Any other time, retreating to our midship cabin has always allowed her some relief.

Matt is correct that you're mostly in protected waters; however, one of our worse trips was aboard the Legend out of Tampa.  I think it was a combination of both high winds and crossing the gulf into the Atlantic as it goes from the North Equatorial Current into the North Atlantic Current.  We never experienced this from our numerous trips from the east side of Florida.

How do I book a panoramic ocean view. AND. On what ships are they available?

You can book via Royal Caribbean directly or contact a travel agent to assist you in booking one.

These cabins are on Navigator as well as Enchantment, Grandeur, Rhapsody, Splendour and Vision

We are were in 1838, but we moved down a few cabins to 1826. I am excited about the location, being close to the pool deck, and with the views we should have from up on deck 12 without any cabins above us.

As for booking a particular room, RCCI's website is not as user friendly as Carnivals. So I would definitely call them or a travel agent. I recently transferred our booking to a travel agent, Michelle Cunningham... which made switching rooms super easy. I just sent her an email and she took care of it. She even sent me a new booking receipt with our new room listed. Also getting an extra on board credit for the transfer is nice as well. Here is her email if you need it.

[email protected]

Hi Bkirkhan, Just request to not be close to an Elevator. We're on Deck 10 mid back Oasis. In Sept. You should be fine! Enjoy your cruise

We are close to an elevator, but there are a limited number of cabins on deck 12. So everyone is close to them, but it is around a corner and a wall away from us

• 4 months later...

Not a ton of experience, but we typically shoot for a mid-ship ocean view balcony room (watch for obstructed balcony views near "bump-outs", etc.) on a cabin deck somewhere in the middle of the cabin decks (buffered by cabin decks above and below for maximum peace and quiet when we finally make our way back to the room to sleep).  Mid-ship is also good for simply getting anywhere... central location... we try to stay away from congregation areas (elevator lobby, internet cafe, etc.)...

Since we fortunately do not suffer from motion sickness, we like the higher decks!  The only time we felt the motion of the ship was our last cruise on Explorer (2013) on the way back to NJ from Bermuda... rough seas on the coast in October.  My wife actually told me she liked the rocking... helped her fall to sleep!   :)