Aqua Theater or Crown loft Suite

RRoberts

Have a Grande Suite booked for the Oasis leaving February 25th. Already past final payment and was checking pricing and I am able to move up to an Aqua Theater or Crown Loft Suite for less than what I paid for my Grande Suite. Was just wondering what is the better of the Two. Thinking about changing with out the wife knowing as a little surprise. 

6 minutes ago, RRoberts said:

Have a Grande Suite booked for the Oasis leaving February 25th. Already past final payment and was checking pricing and I am able to move up to an Aqua Theater or Crown Loft Suite for less than what I paid for my Grande Suite. Was just wondering what is the better of the Two. Thinking about changing with out the wife knowing as a little surprise. 

Depends.  If it's not the 2BDR aqua theatre suite then I say CLS hands down.  CLS has 2 bathrooms and such a unique layout.  Aqua Theatre rooms have the big balcony.  Which is more important to you?  Suite perks are the same.  Unless it's the 2BDR suite.

Gotcha on the one br ATS on Oasis and Allure is the dang tub. If you come close to 6ft or have issues taking a large step, you'll be sol.

Only other thing with the ATS, the hallway tends to get longer as the cruise goes on.

Hands down, if you don't mind the stairs for the bedroom, CLS.

Plus in the CLS area the hallways are so wide, no playing dodge cart in the morning or evening.

On 1/13/2018 at 4:59 PM, twangster said:

I like CLS since the suite lounge and Coastal Kitchen is right there and super convenient.  The cabins are breath taking.

ATS are nice, no question.  But it's a long walk down the hall and while impressive, they don't have the same WOW! factor in my opinion.

I tend to agree with twangster on this answer

Get the CLS. As others have said it’s located right next to the coastal kitchen and suite lounge which is really nice! The CLS also is located exclusively on the 17th floor and everyone around you is in the loft suites. I’ve never stayed in an aqua theatre suite so I have no comparison other then YouTube, however, I have stayed in a CLS and it was simply amazing! 

Thanks everyone for your responses, I was going to book the CLS but the wife came home while I was on the phone with RCI and talked me into the Auqa Suite. She wants to stay closer to the 2 year old grand daugher who is just down the hall from the Auqa Suite. She said that the CLS was to many floors away in case the baby wanted to stay with us. You know the old saying Happy Wife means Happy Life.

I know you have already made your decision on  choosing the ATS, but now in the back of your mind you will always wonder if you made the right decision.  My recommendation is to book another cruise later in the year in a crown loft.  :-)  

My wife and I sailed on the Oasis last year in a crown loft and are doing it again in a few months.  We have never tried an ATS, but after having such an awesome time up in the "penthouse" of the ship, we never looked back.  We LOVED the breathtaking views from the huge balcony up on the 17th floor, we had a side facing cabin so it was nice and private.  We also used the coastal kitchen a lot, and the concierge lounge was there as well.  We found the crown loft the perfect place to call our home for seven nights.  

2 hours ago, NeonD7 said:

I know you have already made your decision on  choosing the ATS, but now in the back of your mind you will always wonder if you made the right decision.  My recommendation is to book another cruise later in the year in a crown loft.  :-)  

My wife and I sailed on the Oasis last year in a crown loft and are doing it again in a few months.  We have never tried an ATS, but after having such an awesome time up in the "penthouse" of the ship, we never looked back.  We LOVED the breathtaking views from the huge balcony up on the 17th floor, we had a side facing cabin so it was nice and private.  We also used the coastal kitchen a lot, and the concierge lounge was there as well.  We found the crown loft the perfect place to call our home for seven nights.  

That was the agreement with the wife that we do the ATS this cruise and the CLS on our next cruise that we will be booking in Feb on the Oasis.