Favorite Pre-cruise music

Dburghardt

Hi All

Before every cruise I put together a pre-cruise play list and CD for everyone in our party.  I’m currently in a rut and need help from the best cruise blog group in the world.  What are your favorite songs, artists that get you pumped for your upcoming cruise.  

Looking forward to creating RCCL blog play list.  

Dan 

Placerville CA

9 hours ago, rjac said:

Just goggled them, cool!:27_sunglasses:

Glad you checked them out.  Great music.  It costs about $20 to see them in most places.  They're the only band I know of where every member comes out for a meet and greet after the show.  They stay until the last fan leaves.  Truly unique.

My family had never heard of them.  My brothers and I met them on a cruise (Barenaked Ladies in 2007).  Now even my parents, in their 80s love them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'd probably have to go with some kind of music on the steel drums or some reggae. I never quite feel like I'm on a cruise until I hear some steel drums or reggae playing by the pool with a tropical drink in my hand. Outside of those types of music I'll second the person above me who said Kokomo by the Beach Boys. Hard to beat that one.

In terms of getting excited for a cruise I also recommend YouTube videos from your the ship you're going on and the ports you're going to. I tend to watch them by the hundreds leading up to a cruise and also to check out other cruises I may want to go on.

3 hours ago, accio7 said:

To add to the list:

• Come Sail Away by Styx
  • Beyond the Sea by Bobby Darin
  • Captains and Cruise Ships by Owl City
  • Kokomo by the Beach Boys

My sister is the biggest Owl City fan.  I'm looking that song up, and I'll impress her when I tell her it's on my pre-cruise play list.  Thanks for the brother points!

Also, are you a Harry Potter fan by chance?

13 hours ago, RestingBirds said:

My sister is the biggest Owl City fan.  I'm looking that song up, and I'll impress her when I tell her it's on my pre-cruise play list.  Thanks for the brother points!

Also, are you a Harry Potter fan by chance?

Yes, I am! I need to wave my wand and say the summoning charm "Accio Adventure of the Seas!" so that I can expedite my upcoming cruise LMAO. 

I love the lyrics of Captains and Cruise Ships btw :) 

Really great thread seeing what others choose for their pre-cruise listening.  I have a playlist on Apple Music with some of my picks...

Marc's Vacation Mix

Some unique favorites?

• That's All I Need - Dirty Heads
  • The Boys of Summer - The Ataris
  • I'm Free - The Soup Dragons
  • Love Song - 311

I'll need to check out some of the other suggestions here to hopefully find some new additions.

Marc (@mvannie)

12 minutes ago, mvannie said:

Really great thread seeing what others choose for their pre-cruise listening.  I have a playlist on Apple Music with some of my picks...

Marc's Vacation Mix

Some unique favorites?

• That's All I Need - Dirty Heads
  • The Boys of Summer - The Ataris
  • I'm Free - The Soup Dragons
  • Love Song - 311

I'll need to check out some of the other suggestions here to hopefully find some new additions.

Marc (@mvannie)

Now I know I am old...don't recognize a single group on that list!