• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone! I'm new to the Royal Caribbean blog, but not new to Royal Caribbean cruising. I'm about to go on my 12th RC cruise on Adventure on Feb 12- Feb 17th, the first cruise out of drydock. I'm really curious to see the state of the ship and if all repairs will be complete (is that just wishful thinking? lol). I do assume most larger things will be done, but they still might be fixing/ repairing some small things... I'm currently a Diamond Plus member (Diamond on my own, but with Diamond + status due to my parents having it before I turned 18).. I will be sailing with three people new to cruising which will be different for me since I'm usually with veterans.. I'll make sure to take pics and update on status of ship!

6 minutes ago, HLWIser said:

Hey everyone! I'm new to the Royal Caribbean blog, but not new to Royal Caribbean cruising. I'm about to go on my 12th RC cruise on Adventure on Feb 12- Feb 17th, the first cruise out of drydock. I'm really curious to see the state of the ship and if all repairs will be complete (is that just wishful thinking? lol). I do assume most larger things will be done, but they still might be fixing/ repairing some small things... I'm currently a Diamond Plus member (Diamond on my own, but with Diamond + status due to my parents having it before I turned 18).. I will be sailing with three people new to cruising which will be different for me since I'm usually with veterans.. I'll make sure to take pics and update on status of ship!

Welcome, and I look forward to seeing your pictures. These things are planned pretty well so I would imagine they should be completed as scheduled.

12 minutes ago, HLWIser said:

Awesome! I will be following along closely as I will be on board shortly after you! :) Be sure to share any on board favorites (food, drinks, bartenders, locations!) 

2 hours ago, HLWIser said:

Welcome to the site!

My expectation would be the work will be done when the ship re-emerges from dry dock.

42 minutes ago, Matt said:

Welcome to the site!

My expectation would be the work will be done when the ship re-emerges from dry dock.

I would imagine so as well. Work has been quiet with pics just barely starting to emerge. I did get this from Royal Carribean.

https://twitter.com/RoyalCaribbean/status/958185131461689345

Pretty generic, but gives a glimmer of hope.

I will be in one of the Panoramic staterooms in December.

6 minutes ago, Beyond Vertical said:

I would imagine so as well. Work has been quiet with pics just barely starting to emerge. I did get this from Royal Carribean.

https://twitter.com/RoyalCaribbean/status/958185131461689345

Pretty generic, but gives a glimmer of hope.

I will be in one of the Panoramic staterooms in December.

We loved our panoramic room on Freedom, and would book another one on another ship in a heartbeat...well, maybe two heartbeats, I have to convince my wife it's a good idea to book another cruise.  She gets annoyed when I talk about cruising too much...so I come here ?

25 minutes ago, Beyond Vertical said:

Not the most descriptive update ever....

I'm optimistic it will be complete, as scheduled, based on the fact previous refurbs seem to all go off as scheduled unless there is a noticeable incident (like a hurricane) impacting the work site.

37 minutes ago, RestingBirds said:

She gets annoyed when I talk about cruising too much...so I come here ?

I think that's our common link. We are a support group for our addiction in cruising.  Hubby will never talk to me about cruises. He likes them, he just wants to know how much and what dates.  He doesn't even ask the ship half the time.  I think my kids can talk more about RC than him and they haven't even sailed RC yet.

Off topic question. In December I will be sailing out of Fort Lauderdale. The day we sail out there will be 7 ships in port, including ours. Harmony is also one of those ships. Should I allow for extra time at the port due to number of ships? Any Idea which Terminal Adventure will sail out of?

Sunday
2 December, 2018
Adventure Of The Seas (departing at 17:00)
Regal Princess (departing at 16:00)
Harmony Of The Seas (departing at 16:00)
ms Koningsdam (arriving at 07:00)
ms Nieuw Amsterdam (departing at 17:00)
Carnival Conquest (departing at 16:00)
Crystal Symphony (departing at 18:00)

I am also excited with the number of ships and will be taking lots of pictures from the Helipad. I will try to Periscope it.

Port Everglades has an app that lists terminals.  It's probably too far away to list your cruise now. I'm betting you'll use Terminal 29, but it could be a different terminal.  

I don't think you need extra time.  Security does stop each car entering, looks at ID, looks into each trunk.  I guess at peak times security at the port entrance could backup.  Go right at 10am to beat the crowds arriving if you don't mind waiting in the terminal.

2 minutes ago, ericreev said:

I haven't posted in a while, but I will be sailing on adventure February 24th, the same cruise as KLAconQueso. It will be my 11th cruise with RC and I still get excited.

Eric Reeves

Hey! Awesome - see you on board!