Samba Grill on Allure of the Seas

J_Keeble

I've just booked Allure of the Seas for October this year under a great deal which included drinks at £1450 for 2 people in a D6 Balcony cabin. Being a cruise nerd I instantly went onto the cruise planner and saw Samba grill as a dining option.

The sample menu just states "dinner" and has a long list of meats listed.

I'm wondering how samba grill works as I don't see an appetisers or desserts? and do you just pick one main?

It might be different now but our experience was as follows:

Appetizers are all on a buffet layout, I don't remember the specific items but I think there were a few types of salads and other items ... I do recall there being salmon .... don't get the salmon ... table mate got the salmon ... hes still recovering from food poisoning ..

For the "main" course, the servers walk around the room with the various cuts of meat and stop at each table to offer you a piece of whichever dish they have ... the idea of the Brazilian steakhouse concept is very meat intensive and you basically try and/all of the cuts of meat that you want. I tried pretty much all of them, table mate made a valiant effort after returning from the bathroom (see salmon incident above), wives ate the salads and ignored the meats (heathens).

I think deserts were a buffet item again but couldn't tell you for sure, I was passed out from meat overload by then.

I have one piece of advice if you decide to do Samba.  I have offered this many times on other threads.

They save the best cuts of meat for the END.  They will try and fill you up on cheaper cuts.  They certainly aren't BAD options but if you are a real beef lover I recommend you pass on most of the preliminary "rounds" and save plenty of room for the picanha, which is the last cut they will offer you.  I am not a big meat eater so it was WAAAYTOOO much meat for me but I will say...that picanha absolutely melted in my mouth.  I thought that saying was just a fabrication, but it actually can happen !

I enjoyed my meal at Samba Grill.  I love the venue with the water passing by in that little stream.  They have (or at least, they did, when we went there) Brazilian dancers and it was a fun meal.

5 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

They save the best cuts of meat for the END.  They will try and fill you up on cheaper cuts.  They certainly aren't BAD options but if you are a real beef lover I recommend you pass on most of the preliminary "rounds" and save plenty of room for the picanha, which is the last cut they will offer you.

Based on your description, they really only bring each cut of meat to your table once?  That's very differerent from the Brazillian steakhouses I'm used to where the servers continually wander the dining room and you can get as much or as little of whatever you want.  I've even asked for a specific cut and that server will be at my table immediately!  I'm not certain I would like the Samba Grill version.

On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 8:20 AM, Atlantix2000 said:

Based on your description, they really only bring each cut of meat to your table once?

On Radiance, once you had been through all the cuts you could ask for extra cuts of any of the meats. After the 7 courses (excluding appetisers and desert) I don't think I could have eaten any more. I love meat so this is one of my favourite restaurants on all of the ships.

On 1/12/2018 at 7:46 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

I have one piece of advice if you decide to do Samba.  I have offered this many times on other threads.

They save the best cuts of meat for the END.  They will try and fill you up on cheaper cuts.  They certainly aren't BAD options but if you are a real beef lover I recommend you pass on most of the preliminary "rounds" and save plenty of room for the picanha, which is the last cut they will offer you.  I am not a big meat eater so it was WAAAYTOOO much meat for me but I will say...that picanha absolutely melted in my mouth.  I thought that saying was just a fabrication, but it actually can happen !

I enjoyed my meal at Samba Grill.  I love the venue with the water passing by in that little stream.  They have (or at least, they did, when we went there) Brazilian dancers and it was a fun meal.

Thanks for the info. Now I have to book another Allure cruise. I love this blog. 

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:20 AM, J_Keeble said:

Thanks for the info, is it true you press a button when you want more meat? I saw that in the description.

Might have been updated since we did it but for us it was a card with green on one side and red on the other.

Will also agree with the point made that they did bring the meats in an order, intended to get you to eat the "cheaper" options first. Not sure if they would have brought over something out of order if we asked or brought a second round if we asked, since we didn't know what to expect, we didn't ask :)

I enjoyed Samba Grill and it is as others have described with a buffet layout for appetizers and side dishes. Meats are brought to your table and we were also asked after the entire selection had been offered if there were any choices we'd like more of and they readily brought those to the table. Personally, I thought it was a great experience and one of the best upcharge values on the ship as long as you avoid the cheaper offerings like the chicken and sausage.

• 4 years later...

I am on Allure now and ate there Tuesday night.  They have appetizers brought to table and other appetizers to pick your own on a display.  They bring sides for your meal and the meat is brought on skewers…they bring each kind but you can decline if there is one or two you prefer not to try.  The tenderloin is amazing as is the boneless beef ribs.  Chicken wrapped with bacon, sausage, top sirloin, bottom sirloin, lamb are also on skewers.  Meal is quite filling!!!

We are debarking tomorrow and had dinner at Samba this sailing.  

I’ll add a few notes.  The meats vary but the tenderloin and rib were the best.  They have three sauces and the chimichurri may help with the rounds.  I was surprised that the bacon wrapped chicken didn’t please me.  Bacon is always a plus but I guess this was the exception to prove the rule.

For the self serve apps there are a couple selections that were interesting but it will depend on your interests.  They bring a plate of vegetables to serve family style.  The other apps were cheese empanada, yucca, and a fried banana.  A plate of small “cheese” bread was the initial dish.

On 1/12/2018 at 5:48 AM, J_Keeble said:

I've just booked Allure of the Seas for October this year under a great deal which included drinks at £1450 for 2 people in a D6 Balcony cabin. Being a cruise nerd I instantly went onto the cruise planner and saw Samba grill as a dining option.

The sample menu just states "dinner" and has a long list of meats listed.

I'm wondering how samba grill works as I don't see an appetisers or desserts? and do you just pick one main?

There is a dessert bar and salad bar.  IMO the meats are overly seasoned - too salty for me.

• 1 month later...
On 11/29/2022 at 9:15 PM, BowTieBrigade said:

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

from what I remember it's similar to the dessert section in Windjammer. Ice cream, cheesecake, i think they had fruit too. We ended up not partaking because we were close to bursting from all the mains but I did see it in passing. Like the salad bar it is included in your payment