muster drill

bkirkham

It depends on the ship, and on each ship, it depends on the particular muster station.

Oasis and Allure generally have their muster stations not out on the deck, and some in areas where you can sit during the drill (like a dining room or the Aquatheater).

Most of the ships, however, do generally have their muster stations on the outside Promenade deck.

yep depends on the ship - on the quantum I was in an area on the promenade, I've been in the Aqua theatre on Oasis and Allure but for older ships they do often hold them outside since that is the configuration of the ship - but nice thing is you don't need the life vests on anymore, such a big difference.

Like everyone has said; Allure and Quantum that I have been on have muster stations inside.

It may be more comfortable for the drill but if there were a real emergency I do not like the idea of heading inside the ship for my muster station.  It seems much more logical to muster by lifeboats.

I would prefer to be crammed in for the 30 minutes, or so.

Anyone know about the Navigator? Is it still on deck?

...for us on Navigator we were on deck, crowded like sardines, but with a great view of Galveston. To my surprise, a coworker and his wife appeared at our muster station. I had no idea he was even on our cruise until then. But I digress.