Please check your cruise price

Sweety

Guest toodle68
3 minutes ago, Sabrinaklai said:

When are you going?  Is it the March 17th sailing?  Cause that one seems to be quite popular and prices have been high throughout many months.

It’s the one after, 24th. The prices for the balconies dropped but the suites have all stayed high. 

6 hours ago, Sabrinaklai said:

Suites dropped on the March 9 sailing. I've been monitoring daily. But not enough for me to bite yet.  Especially now that KSF is gone.  Fingers crossed for something better soon.

Sorry for asking newbie question.  How can you “ monitoring” price which you already booked ??  Is this some special site or just go to RCCL booking site. ?? I have booked through on-line US site. Each time RCCL had new sale offer happened they automatically send me.  Then I requested Quote, different TA sent me a message. “ Contact your TA” so they don’t tell me the new offered price unless I ask directly my TA.

56 minutes ago, J. Woody said:

Sorry for asking newbie question.  How can you “ monitoring” price which you already booked ??  Is this some special site or just go to RCCL booking site. ?? I have booked through on-line US site. Each time RCCL had new sale offer happened they automatically send me.  Then I requested Quote, different TA sent me a message. “ Contact your TA” so they don’t tell me the new offered price unless I ask directly my TA.

Timely question.  @Matt just recorded a podcast addressing this:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/podcast/episode-232-how-check-price-drops-your-royal-caribbean-cruise

You can always visit the Royal website to simulate a new booking as if you haven't booked one yet and see what the current price is.  Pay attention to cabin class - a balcony cabin might be offered as a 2D, 3D, 4D, 5D or 6D etc..  If you booked a 4D make sure you validate price drops compared to the same 4D cabin type.

One benefit of booking through a good travel agent is that they will proactively look at new sales and promotions and see if your price dropped.  I booked the RoyalCaribbeanBlog.com Alaska group cruise through MEI travel and they always email me to let me know if my original fare is still the cheapest each time a new sale event is announced.

Guest toodle68
5 hours ago, J. Woody said:

I do not use a TA myself, I just book direct through the RC website.. and I have a book mark direct to my cruise with the current prices.. sometimes when they have 'deals' I will run through selecting a cabin type to see what the actual price is. If the price has dropped enough to make a difference, I call RC and get them to change the price of the reservation. If I have a booking which allows for deposit to be returned and the cruise is some way off, I might cancel one and book the other.

I have used a few price monitoring websites, but the only one I have found which works has not been updated in years and costs $1 to monitor a cruise. All the others send me false price drops that link to booking directly with their website.. and the end price is always the same as what is on the RC website.

7 hours ago, J. Woody said:

Whether I use a TA agent or not, I always "monitor" my own prices.  So there's the price that I booked it at and I know that price.  Then I will check daily (if it's a sailing I know for sure I want to upgrade eventually) or every time there is a new sale.  By "checking", I mean that I log into the RCI website and do a mock booking of the same thing I already booked.  If my category that I want is sold out and I'm unable to check online then that is when I will get on the phone and call to request a new quote.  If I happen to find that a price has dropped for one of my sailings, then I will either call RC directly and request a price change, or if I booked with a TA, then I will call or email the TA and let them know the price dropped. 

You can get a price change anytime prior to final payment.  Once the final payment date has passed, you are locked into that price.  But that is when I start monitoring several times a day if I'm looking to upgrade because that is when prices sometimes drop (between the 45-60 day window).  If I end up upgrading, then I pay the difference.  Hope that helps.

12 hours ago, Sabrinaklai said:

Whether I use a TA agent or not, I always "monitor" my own prices.  So there's the price that I booked it at and I know that price.  Then I will check daily (if it's a sailing I know for sure I want to upgrade eventually) or every time there is a new sale.  By "checking", I mean that I log into the RCI website and do a mock booking of the same thing I already booked.  If my category that I want is sold out and I'm unable to check online then that is when I will get on the phone and call to request a new quote.  If I happen to find that a price has dropped for one of my sailings, then I will either call RC directly and request a price change, or if I booked with a TA, then I will call or email the TA and let them know the price dropped. 

You can get a price change anytime prior to final payment.  Once the final payment date has passed, you are locked into that price.  But that is when I start monitoring several times a day if I'm looking to upgrade because that is when prices sometimes drop (between the 45-60 day window).  If I end up upgrading, then I pay the difference.  Hope that helps.

Thank you for your explanation!

Since I booked through Avoya Travel ( US travel agent), They charge me in USD. I tried to “ Mock booking” RCI just before, the site only showing me CDN.  I would like to know USD to compare.

I didn’t put any information about me, but automatically showing me CDN!!

Do you know how to get USD price ??

37 minutes ago, twangster said:

Other than using a VPN service to appear to be in the US I'm not sure if you can force the website to price it in USD.

Does the Avoya website allow you to look at prices on line?  

No.  I have to bother my TA. So I would like to check by myself.!

49 minutes ago, J. Woody said:

Thank you for your explanation!

Since I booked through Avoya Travel ( US travel agent), They charge me in USD. I tried to “ Mock booking” RCI just before, the site only showing me CDN.  I would like to know USD to compare.

I didn’t put any information about me, but automatically showing me CDN!!

Do you know how to get USD price ??

From the website you just select US as the country. When I book through a US agent that's what I do.