Reactions on these boards

Just now, Sabrinaklai said:

Not a cruise question...Can someone explain how these reactions work??  Earlier today around noon, I had no reactions left for the day.  I now I do??

This happened to me last night.  I was out earlier in the day then I was able to give one in a live blog but then I was out again.  

Like currency if the reaction bank makes too many it will devalue them.

9 minutes ago, twangster said:

This happened to me last night.  I was out earlier in the day then I was able to give one in a live blog but then I was out again.  

Like currency if the reaction bank makes too many it will devalue them.

Well, guess the bank made too many again cause I just tried to give you one and none left again ?

But @Matt, why is it that we can be told that we've run out of reactions for the day, then be able to make new reactions a few hours later (still before midnight, same day), only to then to be told after making just one or two new ones that we're out again? I thought we got something like 8 or 10 reactions each calendar day, measured from midnight to midnight?

I've also had a couple of times where just changing the device I was using (iMac vs. iPhone vs. work laptop) would let me make extra reactions after being told on a different device that I was out for the day.

The reactions are supposed to be part of the reputation system with the boards.  It goes towards your daily count, which contributes to the Leaderboard section. I think the idea is that the system limits how many reactions you can use per day to ensure someone isn't stacking the vote, so to speak.

I've looked for a setting to disable the limit, but have not found it yet.

17 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

I've also had a couple of times where just changing the device I was using (iMac vs. iPhone vs. work laptop) would let me make extra reactions after being told on a different device that I was out for the day.

This works!  But you have to change IP address.  Disabled wifi on my phone and voila, I could give thanks.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

The reactions are supposed to be part of the reputation system with the boards.  It goes towards your daily count, which contributes to the Leaderboard section. I think the idea is that the system limits how many reactions you can use per day to ensure someone isn't stacking the vote, so to speak.

I've looked for a setting to disable the limit, but have not found it yet.

So basically nobody knows what the actual quota is or when it refreshes?  And thanks Matt!  Couldn't give you a reaction cause I'm out lol.  And love the "Wow and Love" reactions!

So I'm a bit slow... speaking of reactions, I just now realized that the little number under my screen name and above location is actually a sum of all reactions to my posts;  my online reputation.  Compared to others on the board, it seems that I have a relatively poor reputation...;  so what else is new :8_laughing:   But the good news is that it is shown beneath my screen name.  Usually, my reputation precedes me :10_wink:

On 1/10/2018 at 2:50 PM, JLMoran said:

But @Matt, why is it that we can be told that we've run out of reactions for the day, then be able to make new reactions a few hours later (still before midnight, same day), only to then to be told after making just one or two new ones that we're out again? I thought we got something like 8 or 10 reactions each calendar day, measured from midnight to midnight?

The web server's date settings may be based on server time, which is on UTC/GMT, so the midnight rollover is 7 or 8pm Eastern depending on the time of year.