Will there be places on the ships to watch the Olympics?

Hi all,

I am going on the Freedom of the Seas February 17-25, and I was wondering if anyone has any inside information about whether there will be places showing the Olympics.  Since the Olympics are such a big deal across the world, I was hoping there would be somewhere to watch them while enjoying my beverage package :)  I am a ride or die Figure Skating fan, so I'm hoping I can catch at least those events somewhere.

Maybe they will be on the state room TVs?

Anyone who might have any info, please let me know.  Thanks!

Welcome to the message boards!

The Royal TV channel line up for North American ships includes two channels of ESPN Caribbean.  The standard TV line up on board does not include any US broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX).  In 2016 ESPN Caribbean did have some Olympic coverage.  Royal can only display content it is allowed to display - they can't pirate a satellite channel from NBC (official US broadcaster) and show it on board. 

My guess is that there will be some Olympic coverage in 2018 but possibly not every single event based on what ESPN Caribbean carries.  If certain events are important to you an option to consider is using Voom Surf and Stream to watch the games on-line.  Surf and Stream works well on Freedom.  

Once the games start you can search the internet for the ESPN Caribbean schedule.  Then you may be able to determine if the events important to you will be carried.  

ESPN Caribbean is not the same as ESPN in the US.  It's an international version only available outside of the US so they do carry content you won't find on ESPN domestically.