Refreshment Package/Soda Package question

Wilmsta

Hi all. Booked our first ever cruise on Independence for this August. The deal included the full deluxe drinking package for each person.

Obviously the children won’t be allowed alcohol but the invoice states that they will have a soda package rather than the next one down ie- the refreshment one. Seeing as there is no overall price difference for adults/children I find it strange that they have only been given the soda package.

So I queried this with our travel agent and she says that RC have told her that refreshment packages aren’t available on my or any European cruise?

Checking on my cruise planner it does give me the option to buy refreshment packages, which seems odd.

Does anyone have any experience of this? Is the comment re no refreshment packages on European cruises correct?

Any help/advice will be much appreciated

Thanks

Adam

From another thread about the All Inclusive drink promo in the UK I found the terms and conditions listed on the website.  

"The All Inclusive promotion includes the Deluxe Drinks Package for adults or the Classic Soda Package for persons under the applicable drinking age. A guest’s age will be determined at the time of boarding. Applicable to Europe, Caribbean and Transatlantics sailing in 2018 only."

Maybe not the answer you were looking for but those are the terms of the promotion. 

I was just on Indy over Christmas and had a wonderful time.  Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you twangster, that’s very helpful.

Seems a little harsh not to give them the refreshment package but if that’s as per t&c’s then I can’t complain really I suppose.

Yes we can’t wait, think we’re more excited than the kids to be honest!

I just had a look a little look at the cruise compass for the Indy Caribbean Christmas cruises - looks like there’s so much going on! 

Actually you may well have provided it by looks of it - so thanks again!! 

3 hours ago, Wilmsta said:

Thank you twangster, that’s very helpful.

Seems a little harsh not to give them the refreshment package but if that’s as per t&c’s then I can’t complain really I suppose.

Yes we can’t wait, think we’re more excited than the kids to be honest!

I just had a look a little look at the cruise compass for the Indy Caribbean Christmas cruises - looks like there’s so much going on! 

Actually you may well have provided it by looks of it - so thanks again!! 

I did!  I also was maintaining a live blog during the cruise.  It's here:

Independence of the Seas 9 Night Eastern Caribbean Christmas 2017 Live Blog

The nightclub sits empty most of the time.  All space on a ship is like prime real estate for a cruise line.  Having all that space doing nothing all day long only to be used for a few hours each night is a waste of space from their perspective.  A cruise line is a 'for profit' company with shareholders they are accountable to.  Like on her sister ships there is better use for that space.

1 hour ago, monctonguy said:

Sad to see it go. it was very popular on the cruise I was on..prob one of the busiest times I have seen a nightclub on any Royal Cruise.

BUT..Royal makes more money putting a restaurant there that they can charge,,,hence the change. Sad to say.

It does appear a shame that its going but for me i suppose what I've never had i wont miss.

26 minutes ago, twangster said:

The nightclub sits empty most of the time.  All space on a ship is like prime real estate for a cruise line.  Having all that space doing nothing all day long only to be used for a few hours each night is a waste of space from their perspective.  A cruise line is a 'for profit' company with shareholders they are accountable to.  Like on her sister ships there is better use for that space.

Yes of course, that's understandable.

Loved the Indy blog btw Twangster, wonderful pictures. On the dry dock refurb will the mini golf also be going do you know?

1 minute ago, Wilmsta said:

Yes of course, that's understandable.

Loved the Indy blog btw Twangster, wonderful pictures. On the dry dock refurb will the mini golf also be going do you know?

I do believe Independence Downs will be no more.  That is where the water slides will reside and the infrastructure will consume that entire area.  I could be wrong though.

47 minutes ago, twangster said:

I do believe Independence Downs will be no more.  That is where the water slides will reside and the infrastructure will consume that entire area.  I could be wrong though.

This is correct.  I am a little disappointed, going on Indy in November and was looking forward to exiting a bar at midnight and seeing if my short game had improved :6_smile:  But water slides will be fun too.

21 minutes ago, NS8VN said:

This is correct.  I am a little disappointed, going on Indy in November and was looking forward to exiting a bar at midnight and seeing if my short game had improved :6_smile:  But water slides will be fun too.

Especially at midnight ?!

• 1 month later...

Not sure if I should start a new thread or add to this thread.

I'll start by adding to this thread.

We've bought a soda package for our cruise.

If we want an alcoholic drink or my wife would like a mocktail, so we pay the full price or would we pay the price difference between the soda and whatever we order?

Apologies if this has been asked and answered elsewhere.

Hi Jardry

My understanding is that with a soda package - you get just that - soda. Any mocktails, fresh juices, speciality coffees or alcoholic drinks etc need to be purchased separately at the full price.

However saying that i’m a newbie to all this so hopefully someone will correct me if i’ve misunderstood!