Western Caribbean Cruise on Allure of the Seas

Ethan Bollom

Going on Allure of the Seas over July 4th to the Western Caribbean. We are going to a few places that we haven't been to before and would love some of your thoughts about some cruise excursions that we should consider? We are going to Cozumel, Roatan, Nassau and Costa Maya. Need all the help we can get. 

Thanks!!

1 hour ago, Ethan Bollom said:

Going on Allure of the Seas over July 4th to the Western Caribbean. We are going to a few places that we haven't been to before and would love some of your thoughts about some cruise excursions that we should consider? We are going to Cozumel, Roatan, Nassau and Costa Maya. Need all the help we can get. 

Thanks!!

Hello Ethan and welcome aboard! Please let us know what your interests are and how big your group will be. Are you into hiking, snorkeling, scuba, shopping, cultural things, etc. There are a lot of very experienced cruisers here that can help you out, we just need a little more info about what your likes/dislikes are. By the way, you're going to love the Allure. My wife and I did a 2 week back to back in 2016 and we'ere doing another 2 week back to back this year.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have. :27_sunglasses:

18 hours ago, Ethan Bollom said:

Thanks!!

Roatan-Victor Bodden Tours, not through the ship but very reliable and a great way to see the whole island, canopy zip lines, very beautiful

Nassau-Don't know much except don't go to Atlantis, not worth the money, resort for the day is what I have read, downtown offers a great variety of Restaurants, bars and shopping

Cozumel-pretty much anything you want to do, I like to go to Nachi Cocom, private beach, must be reserved in advance, all inclusive, also plenty of shopping close to the port

Costa Maya-Also private beach, must be booked in advance, Maya Chan, all inclusive, ask if the road is fixed, if not it's like taking a taxi down a goat path, 30 minute ride.

All of the sites I mentioned can be Googled and they have their own web sites for booking and research. All of the places you are going have tons of stuff to do, look at previews on Trip advisor.

4 hours ago, tiny260 said:

Roatan-Victor Bodden Tours, not through the ship but very reliable and a great way to see the whole island, canopy zip lines, very beautiful

Nassau-Don't know much except don't go to Atlantis, not worth the money, resort for the day is what I have read, downtown offers a great variety of Restaurants, bars and shopping

Cozumel-pretty much anything you want to do, I like to go to Nachi Cocom, private beach, must be reserved in advance, all inclusive, also plenty of shopping close to the port

Costa Maya-Also private beach, must be booked in advance, Maya Chan, all inclusive, ask if the road is fixed, if not it's like taking a taxi down a goat path, 30 minute ride.

All of the sites I mentioned can be Googled and they have their own web sites for booking and research. All of the places you are going have tons of stuff to do, look at previews on Trip advisor.

Thanks for the insight. Yeah, I've heard avoid Atlantis at all costs. Thanks for the incredible advice. 

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 6:42 PM, Ethan Bollom said:

Thanks!!

Costa Maya;  look into Almaplena Eco resort.  All inclusive, not crowded; south of Maya Chan, and most of the commute is on paved road.  Only the last mile or two over lunar terrain.  We had a great relaxing time there in Nov 2017.

Cozumel;  want to try something active?  How about the 12 metre yacht race?  You can crew an America's Cup 12m sailboat and partake in a one-on-one race with another boat.  Option to be actively involved in trimming sails and winching, etc., or just sit back and watch the others do the work.  

Nassau; with a larger group, consider a private rental with Cash Money WaterSports.  Can pretty much tailor your day with regards to activities and duration of activities.  Snorkeling, parasailing, tubing, etc.  Downside is that it can get expensive, but less so per person with a larger group.

On 1/7/2018 at 6:42 PM, Ethan Bollom said:

Thanks!!

Hi, Out of all our excursions, the one on Costa Maya was the best. The number one in things to do on trip advisor was Maya Chan Beach. All the reviews were great and we were not disappointed! This is a beach owned by cruisers that wanted to give others an excursion without hassle of ship excursion. We went this past March. It was 59 .00 pp. They only take so many. Each group gets their own space (not crunched in at all). Everything.. And I mean everything.. Is included. Drinks.. Wonderful food ..kayaks.. tubes..beach games. We booked through the actual website instead of TripAdvisor but go in and read both places. The owners are honest about anything that may happen. Full refunds if rains or whatever. It for have a bumpy road getting back there but they go slow.

On 1/8/2018 at 5:49 PM, Ethan Bollom said:

Thanks for the insight. Yeah, I've heard avoid Atlantis at all costs. Thanks for the incredible advice. 

I wouldn't say "avoid at all costs."  If your ship will be there late, it would be worthwhile to pay the $10 or so for a cab over after 7pm when the aquarium is free and walk around.  Just don't do any tours, they're a waste of money and time.