You know you are addicted to cruises with Royal Caribbean when :

Traveler

• You try to teach your local bartender to mix labadoozie.
  • You are little sad when you kids celebrate is 12 years birthday,
  • You compare every expense to Alcohol package/cruise fair/shore excursions prices – “Oh this is a nice couch, but we can book 7 night cruise in a GS with the same price” .
  • Your coworkers are tired to hear stories why cruise is the best vacation.
  • You always have one window open on the Royal Caribbean blog site.
  • You are checking every week if a relocation to Florida is available.
  • You cannot sleep on the night before embarkation.
  • You are one of the first people to arrive to the port, sometimes before the porters.
  • You are trying to buy swimsuit in the middle of the winter.
  • You know exactly what you are going to do with your yearly bonus.
  • In the gym you listen to a podcast of someone a very fast talker instead of music like everyone else.
  • You are not interested in Gold or Platinum jewelries only Diamonds    
  • When you return from a few days out of office someone always ask you, again a cruise?
  • You know periscope is not something you find only in a submarine 
  • You develop resilience for bad designed cruise company web sites
  • When you a see a washroom the words Washi Washi and a certain animation song comes to your head (and stays for long time) ..
  • When you consider to adopt a pet you first think who can take care of it for at least a 7 night periods.
  • You still believes in fairies (well at least in the upgrade ones)

So say yourself, My name is ……  and I am Loyal to Royal

I feel much better now, I am not alone.  

• When washing your hands you ask yourself if you have reached 50 times yet today
  • When the ship IS the destination 
  • When a friend asks where you are going and all you know is the ship's name
  • When you've memorized your C&A number
  • When you talk to your travel agent more than some family
  • When your travel agent has you on speed dial

53 minutes ago, twangster said:

• When washing your hands you ask yourself if you have reached 50 times yet today

I know my C&A number. It's like my social security number.

2 hours ago, Traveler said:
  • You try to teach your local bartender to mix labadoozie.
  • You are little sad when you kids celebrate is 12 years birthday,
  • You compare every expense to Alcohol package/cruise fair/shore excursions prices – “Oh this is a nice couch, but we can book 7 night cruise in a GS with the same price” .
  • Your coworkers are tired to hear stories why cruise is the best vacation.
  • You always have one window open on the Royal Caribbean blog site.
  • You are checking every week if a relocation to Florida is available.
  • You cannot sleep on the night before embarkation.
  • You are one of the first people to arrive to the port, sometimes before the porters.
  • You are trying to buy swimsuit in the middle of the winter.
  • You know exactly what you are going to do with your yearly bonus.
  • In the gym you listen to a podcast of someone a very fast talker instead of music like everyone else.
  • You are not interested in Gold or Platinum jewelries only Diamonds    
  • When you return from a few days out of office someone always ask you, again a cruise?
  • You know periscope is not something you find only in a submarine 
  • You develop resilience for bad designed cruise company web sites
  • When you a see a washroom the words Washi Washi and a certain animation song comes to your head (and stays for long time) ..
  • When you consider to adopt a pet you first think who can take care of it for at least a 7 night periods.
  • You still believes in fairies (well at least in the upgrade ones)

So say yourself, My name is ……  and I am Loyal to Royal

2 hours ago, twangster said:

Oh and I can check off all of these except the gym one by @Traveler and the TA one by @twangster.  Yup, it's an addiction. An expensive one! ?

2 hours ago, Sweety said:

When you get the new school year holiday calendar and you compare it to Royal schedule. You look at every three weekend to book a cruise. You refused to work Summer school, so you can take cruises.

Lol! You tell everyone without hesitation that you will have to quit teaching if there is year round schooling....

6 minutes ago, Sabrinaklai said:

Lol! You tell everyone without hesitation that you will have to quit teaching if there is year round schooling....

I taught year round one year. I was able to take advantage of some cruises throughout the year. But when Summer came, I had to work and the days became longer that was it. I went back to a 10 months school year. Life was awesome again.

• You don't worry or flinch when you log into the RC website and find no cruises listed for you when you have several booked
  • You start running into the same people from here on multiple cruise forums
  • Your morning ritual includes logging into the cruise planner every day
  • You only use social media for cruise related purposes
  • You know exactly how many nights you need to reach the next C&A level and this plays into your booking strategy 

14 minutes ago, Sweety said:

@twangster, you are reading my mind. I know exactly what cruise is going to give me my new block. In fact, I will be getting two in one year. Wow!!!!

Yeah but that can also work against you.  If I add anymore cruises before October I won't glass block on Symphony,  unless I add 70 / 2 solo = 35 / 7 = five seven night cruises,  or three nine night cruises and one eight night, unless I stay in a suite on a nine night plus three seven night...  the formulas in my tracking spreadsheet look like something from the shuttle program.

"We can either safely re-enter the earth's atmosphere at that velocity or twangster will glass block on Symphony with these bookings"

4 minutes ago, twangster said:

Yeah but that can also work against you.  If I add anymore cruises before October I won't glass block on Symphony,  unless I add 70 / 2 solo = 35 / 7 = five seven night cruises,  or three nine night cruises and one eight night, unless I stay in a suite on a nine night plus three seven night...  the formulas in my tracking spreadsheet look like something from the shuttle program.

Ok..how and when do you get these glass blocks?  I should probably find out so I can do some long range plans.

2 minutes ago, Sabrinaklai said:

Don't rub it in Mr. Newly minted Diamond member!

I'll get there in 2 more cruises.  The kids slowed me down!  But seriously, what are these glass blocks that I have heard you and others mention?

If they continue the tradition, glass ship blocks are awarded starting at 140 nights and then at 70 night intervals.  Google image search.

I'll hit 140 on Anthem this month.  On my last Anthem cruise at the top tier event they announced 85 glass blocks would be given out on that cruise.

Based on bookings I'll reach 210 on Symphony.  But that assumes I don't add any more cruises on RC before October leaving a big gap between the Alaska GC and October.  Hence my offer for that test cruise with your husband.  Offer still stands BTW... :9_innocent:

25 minutes ago, twangster said:

"We can either safely re-enter the earth's atmosphere at that velocity or twangster will glass block on Symphony with these bookings"

I have 5 junior suites this year plus a couple of 9 day cruise  and 1 eight day cruise. My husband turns 50 and we must celebrate.

22 minutes ago, twangster said:

that assumes I don't add any more cruises on RC before October leaving a big gap between the Alaska GC and October.  Hence my offer for that test cruise with your husband.  Offer still stands BTW... :9_innocent:

Wow! June-oct gap? Will you survive? Lol.

We could always test the waters together. Safety in numbers. Maybe @Boston Babe will join too. She has room on her cruise card. ??

You know you're addicted to cruising and have problems when...

You have had multiple conversations with your children (who are only 9, 11) that the long range plans in life are for them to get a great paying job and move south to Florida so that you can follow them and retire there. Then you will not have to endure anymore Canadian winters and can cruise all you want because the kids have great paying jobs.  And you tell them further that since you have served them all these years, they can save and put me on Star class :8_laughing:  And they actually know what star class means!

And you know you have problems when....

Older daughter responds back with, "But Florida isn't that safe because of hurricanes."  And your response is, "It's ok.  Just think of all the cruises we could do."

On 1/7/2018 at 8:35 AM, Sweety said:

When you get the new school year holiday calendar and you compare it to Royal schedule.

OMG!! In December 2016, when we booked our upcoming cruise on Freedom, our district had the 2017-18 calendar out already so that we knew exactly when it was safe to book this cruise and get it done as early as possible. Now we're in the WAVE sale period for 2018-19, and our #&%^#! district still doesn't have the 2018-19 calendar out!! How the hell am I supposed to book my wife's belated 50th birthday cruise to the southern Caribbean on Freedom or Serenade when I don't know which fracking week to book!?!?

I've been watching the district's school calendar practically daily for weeks and they still haven't released it. STOP DRAGGING YOUR FEET YOU LAZY BOARD OF ED MEMBERS! I'VE GOT CRUISES TO PLAN!!! :3_grin::10_wink:

Edited by JLMoran
Deleted a comment about free room upgrades on current WAVE sale promo, which wouldn't actually apply

On 1/8/2018 at 12:41 PM, toodle68 said:

When your next cruise puts you 4 points from Diamond and you are trying desperately to find how to get those 4 points before your 2019 Alaska cruise.

LOL!!  I did this.  My anthem cruise in 60 days puts me 5 points out from Diamond.  So I booked us Indy for 5 nights so that we could be diamond by the time we sail Symphony!  Hubby was shocked I didn't request a suite but I only needed 5 points!

1 hour ago, JLMoran said:

OMG!! In December 2016, when we booked our upcoming cruise on Freedom, our district had the 2017-18 calendar out already so that we knew exactly when it was safe to book this cruise and get it done as early as possible. Now we're in the WAVE sale period for 2018-19, and our #&%^#! district still doesn't have the 2018-19 calendar out!! How the hell am I supposed to book my wife's belated 50th birthday cruise to the southern Caribbean on Freedom or Serenade when I don't know which fracking week to book!?!?

I've been watching the district's school calendar practically daily for weeks and they still haven't released it. STOP DRAGGING YOUR FEET YOU LAZY BOARD OF ED MEMBERS! I'VE GOT CRUISES TO PLAN!!! :3_grin::10_wink:

Solution:  Go ahead and plan and book with a refundable deposit and then when the calendar comes out switch it to the NRD :12_slight_smile:

31 minutes ago, Sabrinaklai said:

Solution:  Go ahead and plan and book with a refundable deposit and then when the calendar comes out switch it to the NRD :12_slight_smile:

Alternate solution

1. Look at the BOE meeting agendas posted online for the public
  2. See when they actually approved it, just a couple of weeks ago
  3. Call the BOE office number
  4. Very politely tell the person there that you noticed they had their meeting to approve the calendar, but it wasn't yet up on their web site, and was there anything they could share publicly yet about the holiday schedule
  5. Get the final draft of the calendar, marked "Approved", from the nice lady on the other end of the line, and note down the dates
  6. Spend the next hour finding all sailings that work with that date range that fit wifey's ask for a possible next cruise 
  7. Plan to discuss with wifey later tonight after getting daughter home from choir practice
  8. Mentally brace yourself for the possibility she'll say she'd actually rather do a land vacation since it's her choice and her belated 50th birthday trip, and be prepared to honor that while internally wailing, gnashing teeth, and rending ones garments

:3_grin:

Edited by JLMoran
Changed "should" to "could" in step 4

5 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Alternate solution

1. Look at the BOE meeting agendas posted online for the public
  2. See when they actually approved it, just a couple of weeks ago
  3. Call the BOE office number
  4. Very politely tell the person there that you noticed they had their meeting to approve the calendar, but it wasn't yet up on their web site, and was there anything they should share publicly yet about the holiday schedule
  5. Get the final draft of the calendar, marked "Approved", from the nice lady on the other end of the line, and note down the dates
  6. Spend the next hour finding all sailings that work with that date range that fit wifey's ask for a possible next cruise 
  7. Plan to discuss with wifey later tonight after getting daughter home from choir practice
  8. Mentally brace yourself for the possibility she'll say she'd actually rather do a land vacation since it's her choice and her belated 50th birthday trip, and be prepared to honor that while internally wailing, gnashing teeth, and rending ones garments

:3_grin:

I was with you up to and through number 7.

1. I will get my "140" glass block on Freedom this year.

2. I booked the 9 day Group cruise next year so I could get the extra 4 points I needed to get Diamond+ before a 40th anniversary cruise I will be taking in 2020 to the South Pacific

3. I booked a Star class room just so I could experience it.

4. I have read and understood everything, everyone has written in the last 2 pages. (Some of you guys really need to see a counselor! JLMoran?)

2 hours ago, JLMoran said:

I supposed to book my wife's belated 50th birthday cruise to the southern Caribbean on Freedom or Serenade when I don't know which fracking week to book!?!?

Entice her with the beautiful itinerary of the Southern Caribbean, show pictures, leave them around the house, join shipmate so every time you get a notification it's the ships bell, make your homepage a picture of the ship, you get the idea!:8_laughing:

On 1/8/2018 at 10:50 AM, JLMoran said:

I feel the same way. The calendar should be out already for 2018-19.

Guest toodle68
1 hour ago, twangster said:

YOLO book a 4 night or more cruise or upgrade to a junior suite for the 2 x points!

So I was planning to do this for our March cruise, but the costs of the JS went up.  I still struggle to find the best approach to getting the best price.. for our Dec cruise, we booked a JS and after final payment, the price dropped $500.  For our March cruise, I booked a non JS suite hoping to upgrade but the price is currently double that of a balcony.  Can't win :)