You know you are addicted to cruises with Royal Caribbean when :

Traveler

You book cruises years in advance, and have money deposited from each paycheck.

You consider it a perfectly acceptable Friday night activity to wait on hold to find out if a free upgrade is available.

You have nothing to say about the news, but can endlessly discuss the pros and cons of the drink packages, 

4 minutes ago, Traveler said:

Next will be when you find out she is ok with cruising but think Carnival is the best ? or she is only gold in Royal :1_grinning: ?

I can deal with a Carnival girl unless after a few cruises she still insisted on Carnival, that would be a deal breaker.

A Gold Royal girl?  What's her number? 

2 hours ago, Boston Babe said:

Entice her with the beautiful itinerary of the Southern Caribbean, show pictures, leave them around the house, join shipmate so every time you get a notification it's the ships bell, make your homepage a picture of the ship, you get the idea!:8_laughing:

Hey! Good plan. Try it so you can book another cruise ?

Fwiw I use shipmate a lot and the horn drives my family crazy. I had to turn it off!

13 minutes ago, Sabrinaklai said:

Just found this now.  It was posted 2 days after @Traveler started the thread.  Looks like we're not too far off base with others ?

https://eatsleepcruise.com/2018/01/top-signs-you-are-addicted-to-royal-caribbean/

I saw that too.  I wondered if they copied and modified some of our entries ?

I just thought of this...everyday lingo is related to cruising..even overhearing the following conversation:

"Well, in the big SPECTRUM of things, if she's trying to gain some INDEPENDENCE,  then spending a month in a rustic CABIN away from the family might be a good thing"

Spectrum - A New RC ship

Independence - A RC ship

Cabin - a Stateroom on a ship

I need help.....

On 1/8/2018 at 1:32 PM, toodle68 said:

So I was planning to do this for our March cruise, but the costs of the JS went up.  I still struggle to find the best approach to getting the best price.. for our Dec cruise, we booked a JS and after final payment, the price dropped $500.  For our March cruise, I booked a non JS suite hoping to upgrade but the price is currently double that of a balcony.  Can't win :)

That's spring break for Chicago. 

The first thing you do when you get home after a cruise is print your next set sail pass for the next cruise.

When you go to Coastal Kitchen to book dining for the next cruise; not the one your are presently on.

Sadness when your child turns 12.  No Adventure Ocean, full price excursions and specialty dining.

6 minutes ago, MAK said:

The first thing you do when you get home after a cruise is print your next set sail pass for the next cruise.

When you go to Coastal Kitchen to book dining for the next cruise; not the one your are presently on.

Sadness when your child turns 12.  No Adventure Ocean, full price excursions and specialty dining.

Welcome to the message boards!

9 hours ago, LetsTryThisTech said:

My wife isn't even positive if she enjoys cruising and I'm already trying to book our next one. My next one is only number 3 but RCCL hooked me on number 1.

This reminds me of a joke I heard recently:

I didn't realize, when I booked my next cruise, that it was the week of my wedding !  I am looking for someone who would be willing to trade with me.

Her name is Ashley, she's 5'5", a great cook and a lot of fun....

8 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

This reminds me of a joke I heard recently:

I didn't realize, when I booked my next cruise, that it was the week of my wedding !  I am looking for someone who would be willing to trade with me.

Her name is Ashley, she's 5'5", a great cook and a lot of fun....

Sounds like @twangster lol (from what I have read so far). @twangster still looking for the Pinnacle one?

25 minutes ago, twangster said:

Is her name Ashley, she is 5' 5" AND she is Pinnacle?   (Not in that order)

Send me her number!

Oh, now you're getting picky. Before it was just D+ or Pinnacle. Now she has to be an Ashley and 5"5"? What else...country side palatial estate with hot and cold running water....barn full of vintage sports cars.....humidity controlled room with collectible cameras that still operate....:3_grin: