LIVEish, 7 Days on Oasis (01/07/2018 or 07/01/2018 better yet January 7, 2018)

CGTLH

1 hour ago, twangster said:

It's 6pm where I live as I am reading this.  My mouth just started watering.  Seriously.  Stop.

I have to cook something for dinner and I have no idea what or where to start.  I give up.  Time to book another cruise.

Thinking the same way. Can't wait until they post the full deployment schedule next year. I have three more cruises to book.

19 minutes ago, Matt said:

even if sushi gets considered from Brazil

Well , to RCL defense I must say that some of the best sushi I had was in Sao Paulo ...   In Brazil (mainly Sao Paulo) you have the second largest Japanese population outside of Japan 

In Sao Paulo you can have as much as you can eat Sushi lunch  for 15 $  you just order from the menu whatever you want (including very good  sashimi ).

14 hours ago, CGTLH said:

Some how this is Brazilian as well...

20180112_192647-1612x907.thumb.jpg.ffad3cffb9c8312c4e993821c5c251be.jpg

January is a popular time for Brazilians to travel to the US (many are on Summer Break), so I'd bet there are many Brazilians on your sailing.  The sushi is a bit of a stretch being labeled as Brazilian, though there is a tad of logic to it.  The most populous city in Brazil is São Paulo (in fact, it's one of the most populous cities in the world).  It is home to the largest Japanese population outside of Japan, so while sushi has become popular in many Western nations, they certainly haven't a shortage of it there.  

Thanks for all the updates!

5 minutes ago, Traveler said:

Well , to RCL defense I must say that some of the best sushi I had was in Sao Paulo ...   In Brazil (mainly Sao Paulo) you have the second largest Japanese population outside of Japan 

In Sao Paulo you can have as much as you can eat Sushi lunch  for 15 $  you just order from the menu whatever you want (including very good  sashimi ).

Just saw this after my initial note.  Yuppers.  Still seems a stretch (in the same way it'd be funny to see Mexican mole under a US flag on a P & O ship, but I see their logic :-)

Just posted for the Facebook Insiders the last 360 shots from my camera.

Still glad it was at least recovered for the memory card. Still won't turn on and makes an sparking/grit noise when the USB cable is unplugged. Don't notice anything when plugging in.

Still have plenty of images I need to edit/render and upload. Just takes awhile. The Surface Pro 3 is a nice compact laptop/tablet. However, Lightroom needs a bit of power to do the HDR merge function and the Surface can take around 5 minutes for one set. Plus it ends up slowing to a crawl when trying to queue up multiple merges.

On a side note. The travel router I have still works fine (not a common brand). Plus the MAC clone feature is handy when being lazy and not wanting to bother with logoff.com. Never had a chance to do any more VPN testing outside of using my phone. Plus I'm still not confident that my provider was blocked or I had something misconfigured with IPSec. Think PPTP and OpenVPN with no scramble was being blocked.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/9/2018 at 3:02 PM, CGTLH said:

So it looks like my 360 photos have come to a tragic end.

Was taking a photo from one to the overlooks on the trail. Left the camera so I wouldn't be in a shot. Right when I was done and ready to grab the camera someone came running up and knocked it about 10ft+ to the surf below. One of the Labadee staff members (thanks Willkin) who works the baby zipline went down and was able to retrieve the camera from the surf. Camera was on, forced it off and now it won't power back on. Guess time will tell if it recovers.

So happy days! Keeping my fingers crossed...

Submitted my RMA over the weekend. Arrived to Samsung the other day. Processed today.

Notes say "Replaced PBA". Going to guess no water damage was found. That or they didn't really care and replaced the entire unit.

Status is showing "Close - Prepare for Shipping"

21 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

So happy days! Keeping my fingers crossed...

Submitted my RMA over the weekend. Arrived to Samsung the other day. Processed today.

Notes say "Replaced PBA". Going to guess no water damage was found. That or they didn't really care and replaced the entire unit.

Status is showing "Close - Prepare for Shipping"

Awesome news! Does this mean you’ll be able to recover the photos, as long as the media card wasn’t damaged?