LIVEish, 7 Days on Oasis (01/07/2018 or 07/01/2018 better yet January 7, 2018)

CGTLH

Ahhh... Champagne Bar.  Another thing that has pretty much gone by the wayside on many ships.  I am coming to the conclusion that Brilliance has not been in for a major refit for a while and that when she does, bad things are going to happen.  Remove the movie theater and change the Champagne Bar to an R-Bar or something worse.

11 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Ahhh... Champagne Bar.  Another thing that has pretty much gone by the wayside on many ships.  I am coming to the conclusion that Brilliance has not been in for a major refit for a while and that when she does, bad things are going to happen.  Remove the movie theater and change the Champagne Bar to an R-Bar or something worse.

For the something worse comment... Bionic Bar...

Bionic Bar is entertaining at first. Then the loud sound track and lack of human touch gets to you.

20 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

Another thing I just noticed... The other day they had made an announcement of an increase of of "onboad illnesses". Did see a step of wiping down surfaces.

Today, seems menus have disappeared at the bars.

Curious if this is more about flu season than norovirus.  Florida hasn't been hard hit, but I've read other states dealing with it substantially more.

35 minutes ago, Matt said:

Curious if this is more about flu season than norovirus.  Florida hasn't been hard hit, but I've read other states dealing with it substantially more.

Report of Grandeur having 'sickness' but not defined what kind.  On another forum Carnival Dream has been reporting 'sickness' as well.  'Tis the season... 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

They mentioned both the other day. The later they were not trying to say out right.

7 minutes ago, Sweety said:

If that is red velvet cake, I would like a slice please. Please a thick slice.

The bad news one of the folks I was traveling with commented. They stated it tasted like someone had just whipped up some cream cheese, no other real flavor or sweetness.

34 minutes ago, Sweety said:

If that is red velvet cake, I would like a slice please. Please a thick slice.

In case anyone doesn't know yet, I think @Sweety likes red velvet cake lol. I have noticed that every live blog WJ recon by @CGTLH and @twangster there is at least 2-3 comments about that cake! ?

6 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

Been having some more photo fun again last night.

Added: Photo processing geek mode, 7 shot bracket -3 to +3 with shot at each whole exposure. Lightroom HDR merge.

Nice shots!  Fisheye is fun isn't it?  I too do all post processing in Lightroom.  HDR is particularly useful around windows in the day and cruise ships have lots of windows with a high range of lighting.  It's also useful for pulling out details across the dynamic range as you have done here.  Well done!

1 minute ago, twangster said:

Nice shots!  Fisheye is fun isn't it?  I too do all post processing in Lightroom.  HDR is particularly useful around windows in the day and cruise ships have lots of windows with a high range of lighting.  It's also useful for pulling out details across the dynamic range as you have done here.  Well done!

Too fun, now I want to procure one of my own (not wanting to shell out for what I rented). Guess it is research time.

Just happy that I stumbled upon the setting in camera that showed I could do a seven shot bracket. Had been only doing a three and manually going - to +. Very big lesson at times, RTFM!

1 minute ago, CGTLH said:

Too fun, now I want to procure one of my own (not wanting to shell out for what I rented). Guess it is research time.

Just happy that I stumbled upon the setting in camera that showed I could do a seven shot bracket. Had been only doing a three and manually going - to +. Very big lesson at times, RTFM!

If you are going to pull the fisheye trigger, also search for 'Hemi defish'.  It's a Lightroom or Photoshop plug in filter from IMADIO that can mostly de-fish a fisheye.  

https://imadio.com/products/prodpage_hemi.aspx

Sometimes fisheye is cool, sometimes they warp natural curves and lines in a strange way.  I often de-fish photos and you end up with an unbelievably wide angle photo with little distortion.   Sometimes I just let a fisheye image stand on its own.  It's useful tool to have sometimes.  Like a fisheye there are times to use it and times not to.

IMO the filter works better in Photoshop compared to Lightroom since you can see the effect immediately and undo/redo it.  In Lightroom it's an output filter that generates a new file that you have to open to see the result.