LIVEish, 7 Days on Oasis (01/07/2018 or 07/01/2018 better yet January 7, 2018)

CGTLH

18 hours ago, CGTLH said:

No luck in getting a VPN connection working using PPTP from a known "Strong" provider. Same thing with a "no scramble" OpenVPN from the same provider.

If anyone provides me credentials I'll be more than happy to test that connection.

Thanks for this feedback.  I've setup an OpenVPN server at home which allows me to watch and monitor connection attempts.  I'll be testing from Anthem.   I've never had a problem with Cisco, Fortinet or Juniper VPN access.  Does your provider have an IPSEC option?

/geekoff

On 1/7/2018 at 10:48 AM, CGTLH said:

Going off topic... Any suggestions on a quick photo resize utility for Android.

In the most meta of moves, below I've quoted myself from a message board topic here.

I usually do my photo work on a computer, but I've used the below app a few times and it seems to do the job without much fuss.  Straightforward to use, too.  To give you an idea, on my site, most images within an article are 400px wide (though sometimes larger depending on what they are), and in my galleries (where you can see larger versions), they're usually 650px to 1000px wide.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.simplemobilephotoresizer&hl=en&rdid=com.simplemobilephotoresizer

OK folks if you touch a hotdog bun, please take it. Also, those funny red things. The are called tongs, use them with the buns as well.

At the same time, took one person to open the flood gates for others to start raiding the table 

Just wanted to give a short recap of Day 2...

Day was just crud: windy, rain, overcast. Top Tier event was cancled, will be held today as a helipad sail away.

Dinner was in CK. WJ recon. Watched the Alabama-Georgia game in StudioB.

Other than that nothing more to report. Wasn't feeling too good so I never left room until dinner time. One good thing about having a few bottles of water on hand and a few WJ snack items.

So it looks like my 360 photos have come to a tragic end.

Was taking a photo from one to the overlooks on the trail. Left the camera so I wouldn't be in a shot. Right when I was done and ready to grab the camera someone came running up and knocked it about 10ft+ to the surf below. One of the Labadee staff members (thanks Willkin) who works the baby zipline went down and was able to retrieve the camera from the surf. Camera was on, forced it off and now it won't power back on. Guess time will tell if it recovers.

2 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

First time I recall seeing this. Taken at the food station next to the Town Square Tram stop. The one right at the start of the "craft" market.

Time taken was at around 2pm. Just noticed my camera was still set EDT.

Interesting.  I wonder when those sandwiches were packed?

4 minutes ago, twangster said:

Salt water and electronics...  you are going to need more than rice I'm afraid.

Very true, sure any damage that's been is done. Unless I had some distilled water or isopropyl alcohol to soak it in right when it came out of the water. Then I might have a chance.