Kids pricing for dining

cwtom009

12 minutes ago, cwtom009 said:

What is the kids price for speciality dining? Ages 6-12 years old? I am trying to book the 3-night package at $89 per adult and it's charging me that price for kids. 

From their website....     http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/category.do?pagename=onboard_cat_dining_options

kids ages 6-12 now dine at our specialty restaurants for only $10. Ages 5 and under eat free! Plus, little cruisers get their very own menu — a round-up of kid-friendly favorites from the “grownups” menu.

To add on what @WHStoneman linked, you should only book the reservation for yourself and any other adults who will be on the reservation. Then when you board, go to the maitre'd and let him / her know that your reservations should be updated to include the children. They can update it at that point to the correct number of seats and you'll be charged only the $10 children's rate for the kids.

1 hour ago, JLMoran said:

To add on what @WHStoneman linked, you should only book the reservation for yourself and any other adults who will be on the reservation. Then when you board, go to the maitre'd and let him / her know that your reservations should be updated to include the children. They can update it at that point to the correct number of seats and you'll be charged only the $10 children's rate for the kids.

That is exactly what I was told by an RC agent on the phone a few months ago.

If you read the fine print it explains the price reductions for kids will come on board.  Click on the "Additional Terms & Conditions apply" link at the bottom of the page when in the cruise planner looking at a particular venue.

Children between the ages of 0-5 are complimentary and ages 6-12 are half the adult price. Please reserve product for all guests who wish to dine. Adult price will be applied for all guests regardless of age; the difference between the adult price and child price will be refunded in the form of a refundable onboard credit (unless booked with non-refundable credit, in which case OBC will be non-refundable).

When it comes to kids, do not buy them packages or restaurant reservations in advance. You will essentially overpay and then have to get it fixed onboard. Better to book just the adults, and bring kids with you and get charged at the meal at lower price.  Certainly simpler that way.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2018 at 6:50 PM, Matt said:

When it comes to kids, do not buy them packages or restaurant reservations in advance. You will essentially overpay and then have to get it fixed onboard. Better to book just the adults, and bring kids with you and get charged at the meal at lower price.  Certainly simpler that way.

I usually pay in full in advance, and then consider the refund for the kids a little "self-provided onboard credit".

The last time I dined with a package, I was never charged for my son on the six nights that we dined in specialty restaurants. I don't know what, but didn't ask either. I, however, only bought the package for my wife and I and expected to pay the $10 for him as in the past.

Clarify with the restaurant whether they have a children's menu or not. Most times, my son was simply told to order off the regular menu if he wished, but one time we were not offered a child's menu and they wanted to charge him full price. The manager corrected this, but it was a pain to have to get him involved since the menu was not provided for my son and we specifically made the reservation for a child once onboard.