VOOM package change question

Lauren

We just found out that when we sail next month, one of our dogs will need to be boarded in the hospital, not the kennel (she is 15 and just started on a seizure med). I am thinking I should add VOOM to my drink package in case they need to contact us.  I purchased the package at $41 at the BOGO 1/2 half off price, right now it is $45 alone or $55  with VOOM, any chance they will just add it for the same extra $10 or is it going to cost me an extra $14/day by having to cancel and rebook? And, if I do have to cancel and rebook, will they raise the charge for both of them we had to buy or just the one I need to change? 

They won't charge the difference, you'll need to cancel and refund the one package to purchase the combo or just add Voom as a separate purchase.  With the new rules that both have to purchase the drink package I think you'll find you have to cancel both original packages.  I'd suggest calling them and see if they can cancel just one of the original BOGO.  The BOGO is offered to solo cruisers at the same $41 rate so they might be able to figure it out.

Voom is pretty good on Anthem and I've made wifi phone calls on it.  Make sure you know how to use wifi calling before sailing.  I did have one cabin on Anthem where the wifi coverage in the cabin wasn't great but if I kept my phone near the door it worked better.   That can happen on any ship - all that metal including the cabin door.  With the phone on my nightstand it didn't have great signal and would disconnect from the wifi overnight so watch for that.  

Thank , that is what I figured, just wishful thinking. We used  What'sApp last year on our trip to the UK, so I am good with wifi calling. Also considering the RoyalIQ app chat feature and just taking a chance on a ship to shore call if they need us. Do you know if it is $7.95 for the whole cruise or per day? If it is for the whole cruise, the ship to shore calling would be worth taking the chance on, but if it is per day, I will just bite the bullet and get the VOOM. (Hoping we don't have to make any tough decisions about our dog before we go :( )