A Tipping Question

jagbirder

I have read that RCCL's prepaid gratuities extend to housekeeping and wait staff personnel, and I know that it is customary to tip the crew on shore excursions.  But what about the tender pilots who ferry you from anchorage to the docks (e.g., Grand Cayman and Belize City)?  If so, what is the advisable rate?  Thanks!

This is a great question and honestly not one I've run across.  

Thinking back, there have been times that I've seen tip jars out but many times that I've not (I tend to snoop around the wheelhouse as I still have the curiosity of an 8 year old "ohhh, boat!").

Great question and one I had not thought about.  We have never tipped the tender crew.  I guess we assumed they are sort of an extension of the ship, getting you from point a to b as seem less as possible but really not much interaction.  I always tip the bus driver or tour guide that I feel really did a little extra to make my day special.  Most of the tender crews have given me the impression the just don't want a bad report from RCL on how they treated their passengers, but the main objected is to get us on and off as fast as possible.  I've never seen a tip jar.  Interested to hear other thoughts.