Upgrade fairy

mworkman

Well wouldn't you know it.  The upgrade fairy has hit us without even a phone call.  Just checked online and we have been upgraded from JS to Two Bedroom Suite with Balcony on our sailing the 5th Jan 18, Serenade of the Seas.  I couldn't believe my eyes...i better run out and purchase a lottery ticket!! Waahoooooo!!!!

I knew something would try to block us.  Well this snow storm has delayed our flight till 6:00pm instead of our original 6:00am flight with a delay on the later flight.  Well I called to see if we could get on a flight in Raleigh, NC....all booked up for today.  So I made the command decision...get in the car woman...we’re driving to Atlanta and flying from there..lol Here we sit awaiting our 4:00pm departure to FLL.  Nothing lika 6 hour drive to the airport.  ?I was tempted to drive down to Ft Lauderdale but that would have been a 10 hour drive..non-stop. Didn’t feel like that was the best option for us. ?

30 minutes ago, mworkman said:

I knew something would try to block us.  Well this snow storm has delayed our flight till 6:00pm instead of our original 6:00am flight with a delay on the later flight.  Well I called to see if we could get on a flight in Raleigh, NC....all booked up for today.  So I made the command decision...get in the car woman...we’re driving to Atlanta and flying from there..lol Here we sit awaiting our 4:00pm departure to FLL.  Nothing lika 6 hour drive to the airport.  ?I was tempted to drive down to Ft Lauderdale but that would have been a 10 hour drive..non-stop. Didn’t feel like that was the best option for us. ?

Hang in there! It will all be worthwhile when you get onboard!

Everyone was so excited about " mworkman's" visit from the upgrade fairy that my previous question seems to have been overlooked.  When/If the "upgrade fairy" visits you, is there any additional monies or service fees involved that one would have to pay?  It's hard to believe that RCCL would give you a two bedroom suite for nothing.

19 minutes ago, MKSglitz said:

Everyone was so excited about " mworkman's" visit from the upgrade fairy that my previous question seems to have been overlooked.  When/If the "upgrade fairy" visits you, is there any additional monies or service fees involved that one would have to pay?  It's hard to believe that RCCL would give you a two bedroom suite for nothing.

I paid no additional cash for the upgrade.

45 minutes ago, MKSglitz said:

A true upgrade is a no-cost event.  An upsell involved paying additional money for upgraded accommodations.  The upgrade fairy is a nearly extinct species.  GLAD to see that she visited mworkman.  At least we know she's still alive.

Here's a question.  mworkman, if you prepaid gratuities at the regular rate, are they charging you anything more for grats since you are now in a "real" suite ?

Also.....how is your room ?  Are you thrilled ?

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

A true upgrade is a no-cost event.  An upsell involved paying additional money for upgraded accommodations.  The upgrade fairy is a nearly extinct species.  GLAD to see that she visited mworkman.  At least we know she's still alive.

Here's a question.  mworkman, if you prepaid gratuities at the regular rate, are they charging you anything more for grats since you are now in a "real" suite ?

I would even settle for the "upsell fairy"!  No one ever comes to visit us lol.

On 1/5/2018 at 3:56 PM, mworkman said:

Here is the perks letter we received in the room.

F844CD6C-85C1-4275-878C-66FBF0BA679C.jpeg

Wow; guests 21 years and younger need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian?  Sorry 21 yr old, you're old enough to drink, buy cigarettes, go to war, but NOT be unchaperoned in the Concierge Lounge on a RCCL ship.  LOL 

On 1/5/2018 at 1:43 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Room was great! Thanks for all the tip, sure was nice not looking or dragging luggage around until we reached our destination.

We didn't prepay gratuities so we payed the suit rate.