Question about boating shore excursions

jagbirder

I'm a newbie to cruising and have a question regarding the Grand Cayman Stingray City Sandbar and Reef Snorkel with Lunch excursion on Rhapsody of the Seas.  What do you do with your belongings while you are off the boat and in the water?  I'm not real keen on leaving my wallet with credit cards, cash, etc. just sitting there, unsecured, while we are visiting the stingrays and later while we are snorkeling.  Is there some sort of locker provided by the tour boat in which to secure your valuables?  Also, if anyone has done this excursion, could you please provide specifics about it--what's with the 0.3 mile hike to get to snorkeling reef, and where is lunch?  Thanks!

Just take a back pack or bag and keep everything in one place. You have to be trust worthy some what, the crew wouldn't mess with it, that would hurt their reputation, so it would only be possibly another passenger.

Or you take turns getting in the water, one person stands guard, one swims.

Don't know specifically about this excursion but if it is a land based excursion there possibly might be lockers.

jag,

Welcome aboard! When we do an excursion similar to what you mentioned, I just bring the bare essentials,  one credit card, cash, passport & sea pass card. I stick all that in something similar to this: https://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Case-Pelican-1050-Micro/dp/B000VZQ396/ref=sr_1_21?ie=UTF8&qid=1515022621&sr=8-21&keywords=pelican+case and stick that in a backpack with the towels, sun screen, etc. Have never had anything go missing either. As tiny260 said above "You have to be trust worthy some what, the crew wouldn't mess with it, that would hurt their reputation". As far as other passengers messing with your stuff, unlikely, unless they see you pull a wad of $100.00 bills out of your pocket and stick them in the waterproof case, which is unlikely.  :27_sunglasses: