I am cruising in March of 2017 on the Allure of the Seas with the 7 night western caribbean. We don't know any good excursions and were looking for help. There is a 14 year old and a 11 year old. We would like something fun, but not too physically demanding. Please let me know any feedback.

Ports:

• Cozumel, Mexico
  • Falmouth, Jamaica
  • Labadee, Haiti (Royal Caribbean Island)

There are a lot of options for all those ports. We never do ship excursions as they are more expensive than on your own and there is so much time wasted waiting for the group.

My kids like going to a beach club in Cozumel. We've gone to Playa Mia on our own and while fun I really dislike the food. I'll probably try Mr. Sanchos next time. Taxis are really easy from this port. My kids like the aqua parks.

In Falmouth, we hired Winston at Tour Jamaica Today. He's a private car, safe driver and we wanted to go to Blue Hole. It is a bit physically demanding but my youngest at 4 years old did it (other kids were 16, 13 and 10) at the time.  Probably my kids favorite excursions but they are a bit adventurous. If you didn't want to go to Blue Hole, then Winston is willing to create a tour based on what you want to do.

Haven't been to Labadee yet but will on our March cruise and I rented a beach bungalow and we'll go zip lining (adults and older 2 kids). This one it seems like you don't have to do any excursion if you don't want but if you do then it will be one of RC excursions.

28 minutes ago, Matt said:

Cozumel: Paradise Beach

Falmouth: Hilton Rose Hall

Labadee: beach day, nothing necessary to book.

Loved, loved, loved Paradise Beach ...... it's your quintessential "postcard beach" for what you imagine a beach in the Caribbean should be  ---- can't go wrong there ....

21 hours ago, Matt said:

Labadee: beach day, nothing necessary to book.

That said, there are a couple of activities you could book if your kids want some adventure. They could try out the Dragon's Tail alpine coaster; can purchase tickets once you're in Labadee, no need to pre-purchase on the cruise planner (although you can get some decent sales that way). They sell single-ride and all-day access passes. You can find plenty of videos of it on YouTube, looks quite fun.

There's also the Dragon's Breath zip line, but that's very overpriced unless you catch a good sale on the Cruise Planner. And Labadee has an aqua park area as well, although I think that's geared more towards younger children.

1 hour ago, JLMoran said:

That said, there are a couple of activities you could book if your kids want some adventure. They could try out the Dragon's Tail alpine coaster; can purchase tickets once you're in Labadee, no need to pre-purchase on the cruise planner (although you can get some decent sales that way). They sell single-ride and all-day access passes. You can find plenty of videos of it on YouTube, looks quite fun.

There's also the Dragon's Breath zip line, but that's very overpriced unless you catch a good sale on the Cruise Planner. And Labadee has an aqua park area as well, although I think that's geared more towards younger children.

Good point.  There are some great things you can do in Labadee.

Personally, I think for a first visit you can skip the excursions and just do a beach day.  Subsequent visits to Labadee is when I felt more obliged to try things like the zip line, cabanas, etc.

But to Joe's point, you're not making a mistake by looking at any of the fun excursions available in Labadee.

Here is a First Timer's Guide to Labadee: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2013/08/20/first-timers-guide-labadee

The Dragon Tail Coaster is fun.  Buy the all day pass.  Since there is only 1 track, you are limited by how aggressive or timid the person in front of you is (you have to maintain safe distance between riders).  My second ride was very slow.  I wouldn't have been happy if it was my only ride.  Also, you can go as singles or doubles. Maybe the kids mix it up, if they have unlimited rides.