Cruise with an 8 month old on Majesty of the Seas

I'm cruising with my 8 month old son, husband, mother in law and my husband's adult cousin on the Majesty of the Seas January 19th. I'd love to hear any tips or tricks to cruising with an infant.  We already ordered the crib for our room, have a carrier for him and a small umbrella stroller. What other suggestions do you have for us? Specifically wondering about baby food (he's breastfed and eats purees and some finger foods now) and other helpful hints. Thanks in advance!

We did a disney cruise with our 18 month old a couple of years back.  Was Eating solids so did not have to deal with baby food.  We sent diapers through amazon with our stateroom number on it and it was in our room when we got there.  Might be able to do that with baby food too.  You have the right attitude. GO WITH THE FLOW.  We only did one dolphin/waterpark excursion.  He does not remember any of it, but he had a great time and we have great pictures of it.  Besides the cruise we have taken our kids from a really young age on trips through several island (not cruising) and a 2 week trip to Iceland, France and Spain.  We just go with the flow.  Obviously have to make flights and certain timed events, but everything else just depended on how the kids are doing that day/moment.  We have things we want to do and see but if the kids are having a rough day we dont push it.  If you push it, life will be miserable and stress through the roof.  People argue that you should not take young kids on big trips because they wont remember any of it.  I disagree.  They are 3 and 5 now and are starting to remember some of our trips.  They travel great.  Still have our toddler moments from time to time.  The best thing is that we have great FAMILY memories and my wife and I will remember those forever....or until i become senile anyway.  

• 1 year later...

We took our 18 month old with us last summer. It was surprisingly easy. DEFINITELY go up and check out the Royal Babies and Tots section. Three of the nights, we checked in our little guy and he played for an hour or two and then they put him down. I think it was like $7/hr for their day/evening care.

I've seen it asked a few times - when you check in your little one, they give you a phone that works throughout the ship (just like the crew carry) and they call you if you need to be reached.

1 hour ago, BakeDake said:

I hope you had a fantastic trip.  Do they provide full size cribs or are they pack and plays?  We sail in a few weeks on Majesty if the Seas and my son usually climbs out of pack and plays but not cribs... ?  Just trip prepping. Thank you!

Ours was a crib, but it was pack n play size.