Resort for a Day-does anyone use them?

Boston Babe

This may be a stupid question, but has anyone used Resort for a Day in some ports?  there are some ports we are going to a few times in the next year to 2 years and I have been to most and was thinking just a relaxing afternoon at a beautiful hotel would be nice too. Of course you can always stay on the ship too and have it to yourself! LOL  Thank you in advance! 

1 hour ago, Sabrinaklai said:

Why pay more for another one?

Because Hubby loves the beach! LOL.  I agree, would rather stay on board, but was thinking of only a few times going to nice hotel. For instance, I've been to Nassau a thousand times, husband has not but three cruises we are booked on, we are going there. I was thinking regarding their reputation (Resorts for a Day) more than anything.

Happy New Year by the way Sabrina!!

1 hour ago, Boston Babe said:

Because Hubby loves the beach! LOL.  I agree, would rather stay on board, but was thinking of only a few times going to nice hotel. For instance, I've been to Nassau a thousand times, husband has not but three cruises we are booked on, we are going there. I was thinking regarding their reputation (Resorts for a Day) more than anything.

Happy New Year by the way Sabrina!!

?Oh...that makes sense now.  I remember reading from some of @Matt's live blogs that there are some well know resorts for a day like that.  I cannot remember where/what ports they were at.  Maybe he can offer some suggestions.

And, yes, Happy New Year!

well know resorts for a day like that

Yes, there's an actual website called resortsforaday.com specifically geared toward cruise passengers, they are in almost every port. alot of very nice resorts too. I'll think about it, have some time. Are you still doing MSC ??  

3 minutes ago, Boston Babe said:

Yes, there's an actual website called resortsforaday.com specifically geared toward cruise passengers, they are in almost every port. alot of very nice resorts too. I'll think about it, have some time. Are you still doing MSC ??  

For now....keeping an eye out on Celebrity for summer of 2020.  Hubby currently put me on a spending freeze so no new bookings for the time being ?

For now....keeping an eye out on Celebrity for summer of 2020.  Hubby currently put me on a spending freeze so no new bookings for the time being ?

OMG, I know! and was thinking of you with airfare all the time with the kids! My gosh, a small fortune!!  I think as cruise snobs we really need to win that lottery!! LOL:4_joy:

I have used Resortforaday.com only once and I was very disappointed.  I honestly cannot recall where it was but the destination was a very shabby facility with very limited beach and swimming area.  The hotel and pool were very old and in poor condition.  I am hesitant to use them again or recommend them.  I will try and look through my records and find out what port it was.

3 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I will try and look through my records and find out what port it was.

thanks so much @WAAAYTOOO.  Fortunately, I am familiar with most of the Caribbean hotels and I know for the most part which ones to avoid.  I lived in Jamaica and you can rest assured I would not get off the ship should I end up there! Just my opinion, been there done that. LOL

On 12/30/2017 at 6:21 PM, Boston Babe said:

OMG, I know! and was thinking of you with airfare all the time with the kids! My gosh, a small fortune!!  I think as cruise snobs we really need to win that lottery!! LOL:4_joy:

Forget the lottery, I can't even win anything from Starbucks for Life right now.  

3 hours ago, JLMoran said:

SO glad to know I'm not the only one! Did all but a couple of the challenges and still got bupkis! 

I did get lucky however, my neighbor gave us scratch offs and we won $50.00!!! that doesn't even by a week of zoom, but it bought the dog food for the week!:4_joy: 

The cruise when we used Resortforaday.com was in June 2016 on Freedom.  The itin went to Roatan, Honduras and we booked at the Natale Bay Villas.

My receipt was for $50 ($25 each) but I don't remember if that was just a down payment or the full cost.  I can't imagine that it was the full cost but I don't have any more details about what the total cost was.  It was "all inclusive" but I recall that the food was mediocre at best and the drinks were just "ok".

All-in-all, I would not recommend this "resort".  I certainly hope that other destinations with Resortforaday.com are better than the one we experienced.

Its usually pricey..I know when I was in the Dominican, Carnival has a port there....Amber Cove...so quite often while I was at RIU resort, there would be some guests that would come over from the cruises for a day pass. I believe it cost about $80USD and that was just for 4.5 hrs. Seemed like a lot of $$ in my opinion.

On 12/30/2017 at 11:44 AM, Boston Babe said:

This may be a stupid question, but has anyone used Resort for a Day in some ports?  there are some ports we are going to a few times in the next year to 2 years and I have been to most and was thinking just a relaxing afternoon at a beautiful hotel would be nice too. Of course you can always stay on the ship too and have it to yourself! LOL  Thank you in advance! 

• 2 weeks later...