At what time is password for VOOM assigned during check in?

Hop

Hi Everyone,

I had just made purchased for the VOOM package. I received an email confirmation saying the password would be delivered to my room before midnight of my first day.

What does that mean? I would like to have the password the moment I embarked in the morning and not to have to wait till the night is already over before I can have any internet access. I think it is not so fair if I am paying for that day.

What is your experience regarding getting the password?

Thanks

23 minutes ago, Hop said:

Hi Everyone,

I had just made purchased for the VOOM package. I received an email confirmation saying the password would be delivered to my room before midnight of my first day.

What does that mean? I would like to have the password the moment I embarked in the morning and not to have to wait till the night is already over before I can have any internet access. I think it is not so fair if I am paying for that day.

What is your experience regarding getting the password?

Thanks

Hi , 

Its really depends were you embark from and I guess also which ship..

Harmony of the seas going from Barcelona I got it in the room once we entered at 1 PM .

Hong Kong , I did not got until the late evening and went down to get it from the guest service.

Independence of the seas from FLL , I got it during the check-in 

But I think you can get it also from the guest service desk on the ship .

Enjoy your cruise 

Guest toodle68

One ship we got it during check-in..  on another, we had to go hunting down to the IT desk, then come back later when an actual IT person was available. It was a little frustrating to waste time standing in lines to get it..

Royal Caribbean is trying to streamline the boarding process and minimize what you have to do in the terminal on boarding day.  On some ships I've gotten a little card taped to me SeaPass card given to me in the terminal.  On newer ships like Harmony and Anthem my SeaPass card was waiting for me outside my cabin and a letter in the cabin contained my Voom code.

As Project Excalibur moves forward and they further enhance the check in process I'd expect more ships and terminals to skip providing the Voom cards in the terminal but that's pure speculation on my part. 

1 hour ago, twangster said:

On some ships I've gotten a little card taped to me SeaPass card given to me in the terminal.  On newer ships like Harmony and Anthem my SeaPass card was waiting for me outside my cabin and a letter in the cabin contained my Voom code.

That has been my experience as well.

On 27/12/2017 at 5:46 PM, toodle68 said:

One ship we got it during check-in..  on another, we had to go hunting down to the IT desk, then come back later when an actual IT person was available. It was a little frustrating to waste time standing in lines to get it..

Oh. I hope we don’t have to do that. I hate wasting precious time on board. We have only 3 nites and we would want to enjoy every moment